ollie29

grey stained cabinets or painted grey with glaze

Olivia Massimino
10 år siden
Trying to decide if I should use gray stain with glaze or painted grey with glaze on kitchen cabinets. Having a difficult time finding the right grey stain. Any suggestions? I'd like to use clear alder for the wood my island is BM Kendall Charcoal, floors are walnut.

(8) kommentarer

• PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    10 år siden
    Lots of dark colors does your kitchen have good lighting would you consider a light whitish gray and do you have pictures you can share
  • PRO
    ECLECTIC BY DESIGN
    10 år siden
    I love the painted and glazed look in grey rather than the grey stain
  • Olivia Massimino
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Right now I'm considering SW Beechwood or Rustic Grey with a glaze. Attached are images of a cabinet sample I really liked. I'm trying to replicate it. I get a far amount of light but the counter tops will be very light and I have will not have upper cabinets along the range wall only featuring a light bright backsplash. Surrounding walls will very soft white/grey.
  • PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    10 år siden
    that is a light gray stain its very nice
  • PRO
    ECLECTIC BY DESIGN
    10 år siden
    Love the look you are going for! Doing the same on my remodel right now! :)
  • PRO
    ECLECTIC BY DESIGN
    10 år siden
    ....Also looks to be a paint and glaze on the cabinet
  • Denise Cassells
    7 år siden

I just finished painting a double vanity in Glidden Granite Grey, then went over the drawers and cabinets in the minwax water based Charcoal Grey stain mixed 40 stain, 50 glaze, and 10 extender. They turned out really nice. These are the colors. Using a sponge application you can give the glaze a better coat and add a graining effect if you like that. This is not wiped off at all. You can see the color of the wall unit behind the door - along the sides - the darker look is a shadow effect only on the unit itself. I plan to glaze some of my kitchen cabinets in greys also.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.