edubya

What are you thankful for in your house?

Emily H
10 år siden
This week as the U.S. celebrates Thanksgiving, let's hear what you in the Houzz community have to be thankful for this year, wherever you are.

Dining Room · Mere information

(37) kommentarer

• User
    10 år siden
    Family and friends and Houzzers.
    Emily H thanked User
  • User
    10 år siden
    Good health. Gives one the freedom to live a wonderful life.
    Emily H thanked User
  • row_014
    10 år siden
    Agree with chookchook! I was going to say my husband :)
    Emily H thanked row_014
  • User
    10 år siden
    I can express my gratitude for life lessons I have learned this year- there were many!
    Emily H thanked User
  • PRO
    Hammonds Paints Ballarat
    10 år siden
    The love in it. Its not just a house. Its our home
    Emily H thanked Hammonds Paints Ballarat
  • vjs12
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    I am thankful for my family, friends, health, everything I have and the Soldiers who defend our freedom so we can live in this wonderful country of the USA. Please stay thankful and grateful for all you have and on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday DO NOT go shopping! Maybe these greedy retailers will close their doors so families can celebrate the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Emily H thanked vjs12
  • armygirl1987
    10 år siden
    That I have a roof over my head.
    Emily H thanked armygirl1987
  • hevva9
    10 år siden
    Double Ditto for elklaker's comment. I am grateful. Happy Thanksgiving from Australia
    Emily H thanked hevva9
  • PRO
    Rodwell Building Services, Inc.
    10 år siden
    Believe it, but I am very thankful that it is warmer inside my house today.
  • olldroo
    10 år siden
    The roof doesn't leak.
  • vee228
    10 år siden
    That it's mine, lock stock and barrel. NO MORTGAGE, it's paid for and I have a big wood lot for my wood stove.
  • Luciana
    10 år siden
    My husband - he's the nicest, sweetest, coolest (and obviously sexy) man ever! Even if he's a bit geeky. And sometimes rather foolish. Some other times - a dictatorial monster (when he doesn't do as I say). But still, he's the nicest, sweetest, most caring, etc guy ever. And he's rich too. Rest my case. (we've just celebrated our 7th anniversary - I'm allowed to be emotional, people!)
  • User
    10 år siden
    Me Uggh. Me love my cave. Me thank for lots of wooly mammoths this time.
  • druesig
    10 år siden
    Thankful for family, home, life, laughter and peace.
  • Nellie
    10 år siden
    I am thankful I have the home I do. It's spacious, great for entertaining and welcoming. ONE exception...I have a dysfunctional kitchen - but since I don't like to cook, I deal with it.
  • geunderwood
    10 år siden
    I agree with elklaker. Everything!
  • orangecamera
    10 år siden
    I'm thankful that wherever I live, my kids consider it "home".
  • Brenda
    10 år siden
    I am grateful for so many things in my life, but today 2 specific things have been front and center in my mind ....

First, I am grateful that I grew up around family. My Italian immigrant great grand parents lived about a mile away, and my maternal grandparents were a few houses up the street. All 8 of our grandparents were at our wedding, and I didn't loose my last grandparent until I was in my 40's. We're now in our 50's, and we both still have all of our parents with us (as well as all of our aunts/uncles & siblings). Looking back I can't imagine my life without our family in it, and I am feeling particularly blessed about it today.,

Second, I am thankful I grew up in the 60's-70's. I would not want to be a kid today.
  • Devon Wayne
    10 år siden
    Our view of the mountains around Durango is wonderful and a reminder that beauty is more than just furniture and accents but nature as well. Of course, having family to enjoy the view makes it that much more special.
  • Nan Ballein
    10 år siden
    Thankful to have the opportunity to move back into my childhood home with my husband of 40 years.
  • vintiquesister
    10 år siden
    My mother. She had a stroke a few years ago so every Thanksgiving with her is a blessing.
  • Joseph Dappen
    10 år siden
    I'm thankful for my family!
  • Cathy Hodosky
    10 år siden
    I'm thankful that I HAVE a house. So many of my friends and family lost their homes to Hurricane Sandy and more than a year later are still living in temporary housing with no home to go to at the end of the day. Mine may not be big or perfectly decorated but it is my sanctuary.
  • bevdowler
    10 år siden
    We had very old big furnace that blew up couple months ago and fire was contained In furnace and we still have our home. But most thankful hubby just survived fourth bladder cancer surgery and he is getting better and better. We are blessed.
  • bungalowmo
    10 år siden
    I am thankful for the little things that make me smile.
    I am thankful I am in a position to help those less fortunate.
    THANKful to be able to GIVE!
  • Mary Pat Holtschlag
    10 år siden
    So much and so many things. We missed being hit by recent tornadoes. Neighbors and friends who were hit are alive. Miracles do happen, sometimes measured in seconds or by feet.
    We have a wonderful family and extended family and overall, life is good.
  • rubyloves2shop
    10 år siden
    All thanks to the Creator just look at all the beauty of the universe. I am thankful to be struggling since it tells me I'm alive. Happy to have a home that I can decorate and arrange however I want on my budget however small. This gives me a challenge which I love even more. After all anyone can make a space amazing with the right amount of $$$ but how many can do it on a shoestring budget. Really so much to be thankful for it would not fit on this post. Family friends pets food good wine ...even Houzz
  • libradesigneye
    10 år siden
    Thankful for the generous human spirit . . . which rises to the occasion when others are in need, and celebrates being alive. Thankful for creativity . . . another expression of the life force and what it can make here in the physical world. Thankful for years of love, healthy sons, friends far and near and the freedom to contribute and design my own life on a daily basis.
  • Hazel Stratton
    10 år siden
    I am thankful to be in our new home following the loss of our home to fire. I am even more thankful for my husband who survived open heart surgery (2 valves replaced, 1 repaired and a double by-pass), defibrillator implant, and hip replacement all within a year's time. And I'm so grateful to our family and friends who supported us. We are very fortunate and very thankful. We also live in a wonderful part of the world...Oregon. Our daughter introduced me to Houzz and for that I'm glad too. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • orangecamera
    10 år siden
    Just a small thing, but still, something I'm thankful for right this minute: Having pretty "sheers" on my living room windows, so I can cover up the fact that I never got around to cleaning the windows!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)
  • Sandra Mullikin
    10 år siden
    I am thankful for the roof over my head, my husband and son who have lived with me through menopause and my sweet scottie dog who is still with me after her cancer diagnosis. I also agree with the other comments, don't go shopping on Thanksgiving!
  • Dawne Richards
    10 år siden
    Sites such as Houzz represent what I think of as "the highest and best use" of the Internet, and serve to remind me that, by and large, the world is full of good people, and I am grateful that we can connect with people from all over the world!
  • ladytulip
    10 år siden
    Everything, we've lost loved ones too soon, so I'm thankful for every moment.
  • huston3
    10 år siden
    A finished third floor where the kiddos play!!
  • Kathy Klouda
    10 år siden
    Thankful for my wonderful husband when I get home..... who laughs at me when I mess up on our remodeling projects and is so patient. Thankful we have a home.... so many do not.
  • smartin1
    10 år siden
    A wonderful husband, two wonderful kids, and a dog that volunteers to try out every piece of furniture, pillow, and heating vent to see if it's an acceptable napping spot. Thank goodness I no longer have that additional stress.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.