jill_ratner

Love the pool deck. What is the material?

Jill Ratner
10 år siden
Swimming Pools Chicago: Platinum Pools · Mere information

(10) kommentarer

• Jill Ratner
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Is that different from Pennsylvania Bluestone? I live in Atlanta, GA and I've been told that Bluestone can get very hot.
  • PRO
    Platinum Poolcare
    10 år siden
    The Bluestone that comes from Pennsylvania and that from New York can vary slightly, as they do come from different quarries and strata. This stone is generally referred to as "Flagstone" when you are in the Northeast U.S. However, the stone does tend to absorb heat quite readily and does become hot to the touch. This could be overcome by installing a perimeter misting system to keep the surface cool; or manual frequent watering can accomplish the same effect.
    Jill Ratner thanked Platinum Poolcare
  • Jill Ratner
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thanks for your help! Can you recommend another decking material that has the look of bluestone but isn't as hot? What about stamped concrete? My patios and covered porch will have bluestone and I'm looking for something for my pool deck that will go with the bluestone. The patios and covered porch will flow into the pool deck. They will be separated by 3 steps.
  • PRO
    Platinum Poolcare
    10 år siden
    Yes, stamped concrete is one option. There are also concrete coatings that are specifically made to be about 15 degrees cooler than natural stone while mimicking the look of stone. I would talk to a local concrete contractor that has been properly vetted, and ask about these concrete coating products. Some trade names about which I am familiar are "Cool Deck" and "Sundek". There are also manufactured paver systems that purport to stay cooler than natural materials. One company that manufactures this system is Artistic Pavers: http://www.artisticpavers.com/. Good Luck!
  • PRO
    Austin Creations
    10 år siden
    Quest has a product in many colors.. it is similar to what Platinum Poolcare was referring to. A stamped rubberized concrete with a 5 to 10 year warranty. Hydro-stop is what my company uses. Great stuff, for almost any project. best of luck with your project
    Jill Ratner thanked Austin Creations
  • Julie Hieronymus Hayden
    9 år siden
    So this picture flooring is flagstone and not paver stones made of cement?
  • PRO
    Platinum Poolcare
    9 år siden
    Yes, this is New York Bluestone decking.
  • cleigh2012
    8 år siden

What is the interior finish of the pool (mfg and color)? Thank you.

• PRO
    Platinum Poolcare
    8 år siden

Hello, and thank you for your inquiry. The pool interior is a custom blend of locally-blended exposed aggregate, in a mix of Cobalt and Obsidian colors.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.