mydecorandstyle

Daughter's bedroom

Maggie K
10 år siden
I need to brighten up my daughter's room any ideas? I will add a nightstand and use that lamp also will put a hutch or something like that on the empty wall

(92) kommentarer

• PRO
    User
    10 år siden
    Here are a couple of ideas for you in the way of introducing some green, yellow or orange to add some brightness and variety to the pink color scheme:
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/111464159499906935/
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/111464159500297955/
  • User
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    Go ahead and use the mirror that came with her dresser unless you are using a large mirror someplace else. If it doesn't attach to the dresser, anchor it to the wall. Two year olds are fearless climbers!
  • PRO
    Hooplaroom
    10 år siden
    I think those wall stickers are very classy, trendy and will fit perfectly in the room. I personnaly used the birds one for my daughter's room (they are 6 and 7) and they love it! When they have playdate, they run to their room to show the new wall border to their friends. Big success! Good luck with your project ;-)
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    10 år siden
    Am loving the stickers idea !! We have small mouse silhouettes on the skirting boards to add interest and as a talking point !!! ( we live in a really old country cottage in England !)
  • amellee
    10 år siden
    She desperately needs bedside cabinet.
  • kylierobinson73
    10 år siden
    I really like the simplicity of Gwennie Paltrow's daughters room. It's pink with an A for apple. A simple silver table and the canopy is done so tastefully. Your room has the beginnings of what she's done. Look at images online. :)
  • Lynda Cyrulik_Strom
    10 år siden
    Really cute, girly, affordable chandaliers are available at http://www.aeropostale.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=24713366&cp=3534618.3534619.24485606.24967426. I ordered one and love it.
  • teriwscott
    10 år siden
    GET A FEW WHITE BOOKSHELVES AND ADD BRIGHT FABRIC TO THE BACK. I ADDED BRIGHT PINK AND WHITE ZEBRA STRIPE WITH A GROGAIN RIBBON ACCENT - VERY SIMPLE DESIGN, AND VERY EASY TO DO. IT ADDS STORAGE AND COLOR. ACTUALLY I RECYCLED THE BOOKSHELVES PURCHASED FOR THE NURSERY OVER 20 YEARS AGO. THE WHITE LAMINATE WAS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION - EASY TO WIPE CLEAN, TOO. TO TOP THAT OFF I USED THE SAME FABRIC AND RIBBON ON THE LAMPSHADES OF RECYCLED LAMPS - GLASS AND BRASS - I SPRAYED THE BRASS TO WHITE.
  • Frances Corwin
    10 år siden
    You can repaint ANY metal chandelier by using Rustoleum Paint for metal & it has a built in primer . ALso Rustoleum American Accents 2X coverage is discontinuing their spray paints & have lavender , & a baby pink that would look great for an overhead fixture. Be sure to tape off all electrical parts.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rll-223607?seid=srese1&gclid=CP6T0ZqhqLsCFcTm7AodYDUAjw

here's a link to french lilac ! When she tires of it , repaint it ! http://www.lowes.com/pd_417725-90-240280_4294800524__?productId=3806149&Ntt=rust-oleum%2Bspray%2Bpaint&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Drust-oleum%252Bspray%252Bpaint&facetInfo=Purple/Lavender
  • Frances Corwin
    10 år siden
    I would personally stay away from a canopy because of the dust that accumulates down inside the fabric weave itself as well as on top of the fabric .
  • PRO
    Next Generation Window Coverings
    10 år siden
    Changing the window treatment to a fun colored blind is an inexpensive way to brighten up the room. Our daughter has pink silhouette shades in her room and our son has blue aluminum mini blinds.
  • lisadianeleuschner
    10 år siden
    i would add a canopy above the bed,a rug some more colour on the walls,a night table on each side of the bed.not matching though.the bedding loves great.is it from potterybarn kids?
  • lisadianeleuschner
    10 år siden
    the canopy can be washed on delicate once a month. easy, easy, easy. my daughter has one.
  • lisadianeleuschner
    10 år siden
    also how about a shelf or two for books
  • Nicole Chrisman
    10 år siden
    Since you can't paint maybe you can add a long curtain rod to the top part of the wall with brightly colored curtains gives the look of the window and a pop of color. Also the butterflies can be sewn to the curtain.
  • PRO
    Mommys Time Space and Being
    10 år siden
    I do not mean to state the obvious but some lighting would go a long way in brightening your daughter's room. Consider lighting in layers: ceiling fixtures, wall fixtures, task lighting (table lamps and the like), and making the most of your natural daylight. Here is a beautiful girl's room solution for your inspiration
  • lkoleas1
    10 år siden
    If you can't paint I agree with the curtain idea. It adds color and femininity to the room. Also since the room is so white when you hang art, frames etc--remember scale. Everything needs to be much larger because its being swallowed up in a sea of white. Too many little things just look cluttered and not purposeful.
  • Cynthia Edwards
    10 år siden
    Put a frame around the A behind her bed!paint the dresser in ombré,going from light to darker pink with each drawer down.mirror over the dresser.target has fun furry rugs in pink shades as well,enjoy
  • sarah8702
    10 år siden
    You could do temporary wall paper since you can't paint.
  • Teri Fronabarger
    10 år siden
    I put "gem" stickers on my decal chandelier to make it sparkle. Adorable!
  • Maggie K
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Lisa yes the bedding is from pottery barn kids, the room has a pink rug with flowers I haven't found drapes that I like. Her room gets lot of natural light with two windows facing the backyard, the walls are more like a beige color not white.
    I thought about wall paper but those butterflies are suckers when I tried to remove one it left a mark on the wall. Any tips on how to remove them properly?
  • Kristen Clayton
    10 år siden
    Hi there!

If you look at the DIY projects on houzz ideabooks, you will find some cute craft ideas for rooms and or walls that are really easy to do! I would maybe print large letters from the internet, put them in frames, and hang them on the wall. Maybe her initials or something would be cute!
  • mbhigh
    10 år siden
    I love wall decals! The tree ones someone posted are awesome. I'm currently in search of a 5 ft dandelion with seeds floating away to put in my daughter's room. As someone else said I would put a mirror above the dresser. Have fun! Looks like you got some great ideas!
  • Shannon Olden
    10 år siden
    if you are looking for bedding on a budget ikea has some colourful duvet covers...if you buy 2 twin size you can make simple matching curtains...if you want pink this is cute http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30229949/#/90229951

and adds in some other colours...this is also cute http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90226938/ and comes in several colours...

will need space on the dresser for STUFFED animals, trust me on this one LOL...and a mirror for sure...and a bookshelf and a toychest of some kind....
  • PRO
    Hooplaroom
    10 år siden
    mbhigh, we carry this very original girly tree if you want. It'a very close to 5 feet high (48.4''). @mydecorandstyle, I personally think that a tree would be too much in the room. I prefer to keep it simple with smaller stickers or wall borders.
  • Maggie K
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I like those ikea items but shipping is outrageous, i will need 4 panels she has 2 windows. Hoop I like that tree but I'll go with a canopy instead.
  • Maggie K
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Here are more pictures, excuse the lighting she's in bed and I didn't want to turn the light.
  • User
    10 år siden
    mbhigh, I just Googled large dandelion wall decals and looked at the images. There were too many to list! Some are a little on the abstract side and some are so realistic you want to reach out and feel the fluffy seeds! Take a look :D
  • merrigay
    10 år siden
    If you can't paint the ceiling pink (love that idea), could you use fabric attached to the headboard to simulate something similar to iamjudy's headboard. Those really pop.
  • mbhigh
    10 år siden
    happyasaclam, thanks! Don't know why I didn't think to just google it! I had seen one online before I painted her room them when I was ready for it I couldnt find it! Thanks again!
  • User
    10 år siden
    mbhogh, you're welcome! My daughter taught me that one :D
  • YveeB
    10 år siden
    Try using a steamer to remove the butterfly's. We are currently painting and I had trouble removing those 3M hooks that stick to the wall. The steamer did the job and all the bits came off clean, and more importantly didn't damage the wall.
  • PRO
    Homescapes
    10 år siden
    How about using this beautiful cupcake print pink easily washable curtains in your daughter's room?
  • Maggie K
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    What kind of steamer? Where can I find one yveeb? I like those curtains but not in her room I prefer solid pink or flowers.
  • User
    10 år siden
    If those in the picture are all the of butterfies on the walls, try your steam iron before you go out and buy a steamer.
  • User
    10 år siden
    Also look at Lowes or Home Depot or online for light switch plates. I bought an owl cover for my granddaughter on Anthropologie and a metal one that looks like the same metal used for pickup tools boxes for my grandson. I found both online. I was too lazy to drive to Lowes, lol.
  • amellee
    10 år siden
    Those are kitchen's curtains. What is wrong with gentle pink without any silly design?
  • Daisy
    10 år siden
    I think decals are a nice accent but something solid or with a repetitive pattern that lets your bedding pop will look better on the wall behind the bed. Either fabric (shower or regular curtain or even flat against the wall) or temporary wallpaper (Sherwin WIlliams has quite a few designs) would be great. And if you wanted to layer I love the ideas others have mentioned. The frame around the letter, decorating a headboard, etc.
  • User
    10 år siden
    Yes, gentle pink, not aggressive ones that strangle you in your sleep.
  • Maggie K
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I will wait until I go to Florida for the holidays so I can shop (ikea-pottery barn kids ect...) I live in a small town. Chook I didn't know some pink strangle lol. I appreciate all your inputs.
  • PRO
    Cheryl Khan
    10 år siden
    How old is your daughter?
  • YveeB
    10 år siden
    I have a small hand held steamer that I us for cleaning, good luck
  • Maggie K
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    She is 2 Cheryl
  • PRO
    Karine Garcia
    10 år siden
    annamolony
    I absolutely LOVE the wallpaper in your daughter's room. Can you share more info on it? Also fabulous how you continued with the hand painted birds. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this room. Lucky young lady!
  • annamolony
    10 år siden
    Hi Karine,
    Thank you so much, I'm so glad you Love what I've done. It's a Laura Ashley paper called summer palace in duck egg. The pink birds meant I didn't have to change the pink items she already had they tied in. I bought a craft knife and painstakingly cut out a bird and pasted it to plain wall.
  • Maggie K
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I made few changes this is the final look
  • abbyjean
    10 år siden
    Sweet dreams for her each and every night!!!
  • User
    10 år siden
    Beautiful! Sweet dreams to all!!
  • Maggie K
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thank you I will add chandelier and paint the walls in the future I'm still not 100% happy with the room but some coat of paint will fix that. Thank you again for your help houzzers
  • amellee
    10 år siden
    Beautiful! Like it now! Sleep well Princess!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.