jburgess412

Need rug for under my new couch

jburgess412
10 år siden
I just purchased this new couch (the chair is backordered but it will match the couch too…). I actually like the pillows that came with it and would like to keep them. But, now I need a new rug to anchor everything. I tend to like geometric shapes but think I want to go more neutral with this one. Any ideas?

(36) kommentarer

• jburgess412
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I could also use ideas for paint colors. The brown in the couch clashes with the pink hue in the beige on the wall. I think I want another neural with more of a brown undertone vs pink!
  • PRO
    Restoration Fabrics & Trims
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    I'd like to see a rug that brings in your accent colors as well - and has an interesting pattern too.
  • PRO
    Restoration Fabrics & Trims
    10 år siden
    A warm medium taupe would be nice for the walls if you want to stay with neutrals. Darker than the sofa but nowhere near as dark as the brown chair.
  • PRO
    Briggs Freeman Sotheby's international Realty
    10 år siden
    A cream color to lighten it up, one that matches the shade in the pillows
  • PRO
    APK Designs LLC
    10 år siden
    You need an accent color to create excitement. It seems like you are going with a terra cotta red, which is a wonderful choice. I would use the carpet to unify the reds with the neutrals. A geometrical pattern in the rug can compliment your accent pillows. If you feel there is too much red, you can also pick an olive green carpet with red accents. I hope this helps!
  • PRO
    APK Designs LLC
    10 år siden
    The top one
  • Darzy
    10 år siden
    I like your wall paint color! That is so 2014. :)
  • jburgess412
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thanks guys! I'm really nervous about using red. I seem to tire quickly of it and think it would be easy to change pillows if that happens.

What about this? Is it too plain? http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-chunky-loop/bleached/200NCCL01E-8010.html#reviewList It has great reviews.
  • Norma Sassone
    10 år siden
    Something with a simple pattern in beige and red
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 år siden
    Here are some suggestions from Sherwin Williams.
  • PRO
    Miland Home Construction, LLC
    10 år siden
    I was actually thinking the turquoise and maybe some green (I think that's the color in your accent pillows?) would be interesting and would pull it out more. Playing with a lot of pattern might get a little tricky with what you already have, but I saw one on the Shaw Floors website that I thought was interesting. I couldn't save it and upload it for you. Here's the link instead: http://shawfloors.com/area-rugdetails/signet_3k384-green
  • Darzy
    10 år siden
    How about a natural seagrass/sisal, maybe with a red trim?
    Seagrass Rug, 8' x 10' · Mere information

Oval Walnut Coffee Table · Mere information
  • PRO
    APK Designs LLC
    10 år siden
    jburgess412you can go with more of a neutral carpet that pulls the beige, taupe from the furniture. The one you suggested might be a tone or 2 too light. Also, it looks like for a carpet like this you might need an anti-slip pad underneath.
    jburgess412 thanked APK Designs LLC
  • PRO
    APK Designs LLC
    10 år siden
    For a neutral rug this is a very good suggestion Darzy! Just the right color and tone.
  • jburgess412
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I like that too, Darzy. Is it too matchy matchy? I really like neutral big pieces and then have more fun with accessories.
  • jburgess412
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Oh, and ignore the stuff behind the couch. I'm keeping the table back there but not the stuff...
  • Darzy
    10 år siden
    You can add more color in accessories and art. It's a nice interesting neutral with a little pattern/texture so not so boring. :) You also won't have to worry about competing with the pattern/color on your sofa pillows.
  • anne dee
    10 år siden
    another choice seen in this reference pic
    Transitional Living Room · Mere information

a solid colour jacquard rug
    Ellen Grasso Inc · Mere information

a banded sisal rg (as darzy suggested) pic for reference
    My Houzz: Traditional Home With Cottage Flair · Mere information
    jburgess412 thanked anne dee
  • Darzy
    10 år siden
    BTW...I do like the bleached rug you found but the fringes may drive you crazy. They always look askew.
    jburgess412 thanked Darzy
  • anne dee
    10 år siden
    colour suggestion for the walls
    raindance by BM
    As seen in the 3rd pic posted
  • Mark
    10 år siden
    Something like this would look lovely I think.
    jburgess412 thanked Mark
  • jburgess412
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    That's almost exactly what I had in there previously! It was more of a trellis pattern. I moved it to the kitchen which is to the right of this room/open concept. That's another factor to consider which is why I'm leaning towards a neutral/plainish one. :)
  • mpoulsom
    10 år siden
    other colors
    jburgess412 thanked mpoulsom
  • jburgess412
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    How about a shag to bring in a different texture? http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-greek-flokati/natural/200FS01-2608.html#reviewList

The fabric on the couch in very thick and has a pattern thats kinda like herringbone.
  • pgteach
    10 år siden
    Definitely check out pottery barn, they have neutral geometric rugs as well as sisal.
  • zmhome
    10 år siden
    Where is the sofa from? I love the arms!
  • PRO
    Sisalcarpet.com
    10 år siden
    Great idea, Darzy. I think a natural fiber rug would fit well in her space, too.

Our chunky-knit Veracruz sisal rug would look great with a red linen binding to match your accent color. The best thing is you can create a custom size rug and that perfectly fits your space and order samples to check out the material easily on our website, http://http://www.sisalcarpet.com/weave.php?weavename=veracruz.

I attached an image of what one of these rugs looks like in a room, and a mockup of Veracruz in color "Bay" with basketweave linen binding in "Jubilee".
    jburgess412 thanked Sisalcarpet.com
  • jburgess412
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    MrsFoutch, Its a craftmaster sofa. The pictures do not do it justice at all. It is fabulous! I can't wait to get the chair too and sink into it! :)
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år siden
    8x10 traditional design with red from pillows. A Persian one would look nice. And bring in color.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år siden
    I would remove sofa table. Just use your great grouping.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år siden
    Is sofa off center because of tree? Get a coffee table round 24" glass. Or metal. Instead of ottoman.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år siden
    Add pillows to all chairs.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år siden
    You could also go a woven chest type coffee table.
  • Julie PH
    10 år siden
    This is my rug. It's from Ikea and it was about $100. It's an inexpensive option if that's what you are looking for.
  • Barbie
    10 år siden
    I have the natural fiber one from Rugs USA you posted and I love it! I have received lots of compliments.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.