dasha81

Which Bar Stools?

Dasha
10 år siden
Need to get bar stools for our counter height island.

The breakfast area table/chairs are a chocolate brown although looks black from the pic. The granite has black/brown and hardware is dark brown/bronze.

(54) kommentarer

• Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    No to the all-wood maple ones? We don't NEED extra seating but it's nice to have the option when we are entertaining and I'm still cooking, for people to sit, eat apps and have a glass of while. Plus, the space feels a little like it's missing something w/out them.

What about backless, like these? Although the back ones are more comfortable.
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Bump. :)
  • PRO
    The Closet Consult LLC
    10 år siden
    I like the maple but then would paint the island wall a darker contrast.........maybe pull out the taupe color from the backsplash.
  • PRO
    Julie Smart Koob, REALTOR
    10 år siden
    Definitely backless, so they can be slid out of the way when not being used. I have a trestle table in my kitchen that seats six (mostly used for family meals), two black saddle stools at the island (normally used when entertaining), and four cushioned saddle stools at the peninsula (also for entertaining but the kids use for breakfast and lunch).
  • Cynthia Ferguson
    10 år siden
    I have another suggestion....what about panelling the island? It looks like it is a drywall back, not cabinetry. An easy, economical fix to this would be to apply MDF to the dry wall to mimic the shaker style cabinets - divide the island into 2 or 3 panels and then paint it a darker colour. Pick up a colour from your granite counter. THEN add stools if you feel it needs it. I would go with backs though - I see a high chair which means with children, it would be safer to have backs on your stools.
  • PRO
    The Closet Consult LLC
    10 år siden
    another option is to lighten up the chairs at the kitchen table. Maybe slipcovers?
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Yes, we do have 2 little ones so stools with backs would be more practical/safe.

The adjustable maple ones are growing on me, just don't know how I feel about the steel. Would like it better bronze
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    does anyone have suggestions for affordable yet stylish barstools?
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år siden
    Add a color like teal leather Pier one sells. You need color. Ikea has some good ideas.
  • PRO
    Magnum Remodeling & Building
    10 år siden
    What about saddle-style seating? That way its backless, and they don't take up a lot of room.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år siden
    If I had to choose from those go maple. But they do not look comfortable . Sit in them before buying. Color is your friend. Go for it. Lime green, red, yellow, teal, there are more colors than brown and black. You already have a lot of that. Even metal like restoration Hardware.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år siden
    Counter does need stools but go 2 or 3. Backs on stools are more comfortable.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år siden
    I would also add tile under counter wall, just so they they stay clean. People will kick wall. A travertine would work.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 år siden
    Or you could mirror what is backsplash.
  • dclostboy
    10 år siden
    Just gotta point out that new options keep coming even though the ones hubby likes are liked by many on here...do you hate them that much? :)
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    10 år siden
    The maple adjustable look nice.... You may want to paint/add color to that island....AND a couple of good looking pendants * get rid of those can lights, use adapters for the can to pendant ( they can be found in box store electrical dept. - Lowe's).... Leave the others by the cabinets, or adapt them to more efficient LED.
  • PRO
    purehome
    10 år siden
    There are some beautiful options on the market that will make a statement in your beautiful kitchen area. Since you have a neutral color palette, I would choose some stools that are unique, and make for a great conversation piece, while maintaining functionality. I am attaching some ideas.

Happy Houzzing!

Andie P., ASID
    Interior Designer
    Purehome.com

Stanley Furniture Sail Cloth Dockside Hideaway Bar Stool · Mere information

GO Home Ltd Kensington Clevelander Stool · Mere information

Selamat Designs Dahlia Barstool · Mere information

ONDA Swivel Bar Stool · Mere information
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I love the idea of color and will be adding a red chair to the family room and red curtain panels. So maybe a red barstool would give character.

Thank you!
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    i love these! oh but where to find? lol
  • Shannon Cones
    10 år siden
    Dasha those are c l a s s y. Don't go color on the bar stools... Trust me you'll regret it, and typically the color tends to make them look cheaper
  • Dasha thanked printesa
  • anapants
    10 år siden
    These seem like they would go well with your other furniture
  • barnandbungalow
    10 år siden
    http://houzz.com/photos/3071211

I have these bar stools from Cost Plus and I love them! I have you boys and they are very sturdy, adjustable, and have a comfortable footrest.

I also agree with the suggestion of panelling the island, because it looks like the counter doesn't overhang very far. I am imagining little shoe prints:) Maybe at least paint it in semigloss paint to make it more wipeable.

Beautiful space!

Barn. & Bungalow
    barnandbungalow.com
    Dasha thanked barnandbungalow
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Barnandbungalow, thank you!! I LOOOVE those! will check out Cost Plus. a friend suggested that store as well. :)
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    printesa, thank you for finding those for me! at $500 a pop, I will have to pass for now. :(
  • printesa
    10 år siden
    They are pricey, but you might be able to find something similar at a lower price..Maybe Pure Home can help:)
  • sbrustein
    10 år siden
    I love the adjustable maple ones ith they steel base. They look classy and comfortable.
  • PRO
    User
    10 år siden
    Get some colour in there! If you have red in the adjacent room - then red barstools would be awesome! Try something like these:
  • barnandbungalow
    10 år siden
    The Cost Plus stools were $119 I think, which is a little more than I wanted to spend, but they have been worth every penny. They still look brand new, despite my little boys:)
  • PRO
    Daniel DeSantis Interiors
    10 år siden
    Paint the drywalled island black with a semi gloss finish (will be easier to clean) and go for backless maple colored stools (24" counter height) the simpler the better. Stools with a back will look overwhelming at your island as there is no overhang. The contrasts in light and dark finishes will create a clean, graphic impact.
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Found these that are cool, too!
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    barn, those same ones are on sale for $99 and the husband liked them. Said, "Well, at least they're interesting!" Lol, so hard to please....can't just let me make all the decor decisions. ;)
  • Lynne Mysliwiec
    10 år siden
    Here are stools with a similar base to the iron-based ones you liked
    http://www.allmodern.com/Calligaris-Ice-Stool-CS-10-GN1916.html

Here's the knoll Jamaica stool
    http://www.allmodern.com/Knoll-%C2%AE-Jamaica-Counter-Stool-30C2-A-KLL2005.html

The knoll twist
    http://www.allmodern.com/Knoll-%C2%AE-Twist-Stool-31C-KLL1000.html

Not nearly as delicate and nice as the ones you liked, but these are pretty funky and antique industrial
    http://www.allmodern.com/Moes-Home-Collection-Brut-Barstool-FR-1000-24-QHC2484.html

This might be a little goofy with the cork
    http://www.allmodern.com/Domitalia-Bouchon-Stool-BOUCH.RS.-DOT1186.html
  • Lynne Mysliwiec
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    Wait a tick! I think you can buy the stools you like on Houzz.. The search is for Eclectic Counter Stools.
    Henson Counter Stool · Mere information
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Or this one?
  • Lynne Mysliwiec
    10 år siden
    Your floors are wood, so you might not want a stool that has a round base if people are going to slide them across the floor a bunch
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thoughts on these in our space?

I can always return them. :)
  • printesa
    10 år siden
    I like them
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 år siden
    As I said on the other Vote thread, they look like a great place to get your legs tangled up in the base support .
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Haha, I don't really see that being a concern after sitting on them. What's kind of cool is being able to rest your feet on the sides or in the front. And if you swivel to talk to your neighbor, you don't lose your foot rest. :)
  • barnandbungalow
    10 år siden
    Of course, I think the look perfect! And aren't they more comfortable than you would think? Love!

Barn & Bungalow

barnandbungalow.com
    Dasha thanked barnandbungalow
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 år siden
    Glad you're enjoying them. That was just my impression from the visual appearance. Hope they last you as long as you love them.
    Dasha thanked decoenthusiaste
  • floridagal513
    10 år siden
    I love the stools you got, great choice, looks awesome!
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    thanks! not entirely sold on them yet….but they're growing on me. my style is generally not industrial but i thought these were cool and different from your basic counter stool.
  • PRO
    In Style Modern
    10 år siden
    I think your current stools go great with your kitchen. I'd say go for it. Though i'd also go with the first one you posted (the maple one.)
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    hubby LOVES them, which surprises me. he says they're unique and quite comfortable. i also noticed that since putting them there, people that come over use them all the time and the kids sit there now for meals. lol. they look a little like bugs to me. :)

also, now that we're testing those out, i don't think i'd do ones with backs...only because i like being able to tuck these under and they don't close off our kitchen.
  • Janet Woods
    10 år siden
    I think those stools are a keeper!
    - kids use them
    - guests use them
    - husband LOVES them - that should give you some decorating leverage in the bank for your next decision!!
  • 1citykitty
    10 år siden
    no backs ever! they chip finish bumping into counters. more easily tipped by children square or round seat. 24" counter height allows for access to face any direction without scooting on floor and you don't have to keep straightening the backs!
  • Dasha
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Yep, I agree Kitty. I really liked backs though...thought they'd be more comfortable.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.