hzdeleted_4153329

Great room cabinets

User
10 år siden
We're building a new house and working on the cabinet plan. The kitchen and the great room are only about 25 ft. away from each other. On the GR wall, there will be a bank of base cabinets (probably 4) and then some open shelving above. Should the cabinets in the kitchen and the GR match?

(9) kommentarer

• PRO
    User
    10 år siden
    Have an onsite meeting with an interior designer for your best results. custom built and custom finished will produce the best results.
  • foreverfarm11
    10 år siden
    I would worry more about floor color and cabinets if you have hardwood. unless you go with white or black.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    10 år siden
    At least the stain or the color should match since they are visible from each other.
  • User
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I'm not a big fan of everything matching, but I also don't want to create visual confusion. We haven't totally decided on the floor except that it is hard wood. Not real light...not real dark. Just a medium range. Does any one here have any experience with Acacia wood?? The look is updated farm house so the kitchen cabinets are a bone colored shaker front, pewter hardware that is "period" appropriate.
  • yoboseiyo
    10 år siden
    it looks like you can see one from the other, but not really both at the same time.
    so if you like, you could have them match, but it's not totally necessary.

i would, but i like the continuity.
  • PRO
    Someone's in the Kitchen, Inc.
    10 år siden
    Hello NC... As you describe your kitchen and flooring product plans, I'd suggest using a darker wood finish on your fireplace wall cabinetry.

This will bring some color-contrast balance to the space, make the family room area a bit cozier feeling - and let medium-to-darker furniture feel at home in the family room. Off white cabinetry at the fireplace would perhaps want lighter, more contemporary furniture companions.

As your floor will run through into the kitchen, and if you have kids or pets, you might also consider a heavy-grade PVC vinyl plank material as a wood alternative. You could see nice photos of this material in project photos on our houzz page - for example in the set called "Room Now for the Whole Family" and in "Home Office in Rustic Farm Building"

By the way... in your kitchen lay-out. I think your corner pantry is great. Have you considered flipping the sink and range positions? - and perhaps moving the sink to the peninsula? Just a thought.

Hope you have some great times in your new house! Mark
  • User
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Mark - that kitchen has been totally reworked. The corner pantry looked good on paper, but when we actually measured it out on the floor, it didn't work well. Pretty much everything in the kitchen has been re arranged. As for the GR....we're actually trying to bring a contemporary "accent" to the farm house look. Think farm house bones, but with a fun new hat.
  • PRO
    rgkDESIGNS, Inc.
    10 år siden
    They can but certainly don't have to... Sorry best that can be done online..
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.