rachel_martino

Need to brighten up apartment with grey tile throughout

Rachel Martino
10 år siden
sidst ændret:10 år siden
I found a great apartment I love with great light (windows in every room) but the entire place has old grey ceramic tiles that I hate! I need some suggestions for paint color for the walls and bright area rugs (on a budget) I love all the ones from Anthropologie for reference to make this place livable.

This is a rental so colors must be within reason (nothing too saturated)

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Shades Shutters Blinds
    10 år siden
    Rachel, any chance you can swap out those curtains for a more contemporary window covering? Those windows would look great with Sheer Honeycomb/Cellular Shades. Another window option would be to buy shades or blinds with the accent colors you are hoping to use throughout. That would help draw the attention away from the drab tiling.
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    10 år siden
    Since you're renting, i wouldn't paint the tiles. Go with area rugs. I'm thinking, that once the furniture is moved in, the tile won't be SOoooo there
    Rachel Martino thanked Curt D'Onofrio
  • Dar Eckert
    10 år siden
    So many colors to choose from as gray is a neutral that goes with just about anything. Do you have any furniture that you will be keeping in that room? What colors are your favorite?

If it was my home, I would go for a bright multicolor rug with oranges, yellows, light blue.
    Rachel Martino thanked Dar Eckert
  • hayleydaniels
    10 år siden
    Check out Overstock.com for reasonably priced rugs with free shipping. I just 3 small area rugs for my kitchen/dining room that are very colorful. I haven't gotten them yet so I can't comment on the quality.

As far as paint color goes, a grayish green or blue would look nice with the tile.

And if you're thinking of updating the curtains, I got some really nice ones from Overstock.com last summer when I repainted my living room. One of the reviews mentioned that they had a funny odor, and to wash them before hanging them so I did, and the backing came off. I called Overstock.com to complain assuming I was just out of luck. The rep decided they were defective and replaced them at no charge to me. He sent me a shipping label to return them.

And no, I'm not here to promote Overstock.com. Just thought it might be a good place to look if you're on a budget. This is only my 3rd time buying from them.
    Rachel Martino thanked hayleydaniels
  • PRO
    Laura Attolini Design
    10 år siden
    Hi! my advice is to paint the walls in a clear palette colors (white-gray-natural colors)
    Chose the same colors for rugs, curtains and furniture. To add some lightness you can also consider some plexiglass furniture (being transparent you can chose for example chairs in a bright color)
    To twist the neutral base of walls, floors and furniture, chose colors for the decoration (vases, pillows,..) - don't mix too many colors but select 1 or 2 for every room.
    to stay on an economy budget check at Ikea, they have everything and lot of good ideas
    for plexiglass stuff Kartell is the best
    you can check also West Elm, they have good prices and always a lot of offers!
    Rachel Martino thanked Laura Attolini Design
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.