zanline42

Need help on the left side of room. any ideas for art etc?

zanline42
10 år siden
The left side of our family rooms so empty. any ideas for art etc?

(21) kommentarer

• PRO
    User
    10 år siden
    I recommend hanging a round mirror above the fireplace and multiple works of art along the left wall for a gallery effect.
  • PRO
    Fashion Bird Interiors
    10 år siden
    Would you mind taking another photo, facing the wall in question? Multiple angles are best.
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    10 år siden
    Hi Carolinetorres,

We have a large selection of Wall Art, I have added our link to our store for you to take a look at our collection. I also thought that a clock would like nice on your fireplace. I included information on the clock for you as well.
    Link to Wall Art:
    http://www.essentialsinside.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=48_134

Auguste Verdier Wall Clock (27"H x 27"W) by Uttermost, available at www.essentialsinside.com
    This wall clock features a weathered, laminated clock face with cast antiqued brass details.

Fine Points:
    Height: 27 in.
    Width: 27 in.
    Depth: 3 in.
    Weight: 12 lbs.
    Power Source: 1 AA battery.
    Our price $182.60 free shipping and no sales tax
    www.essentialsinside.com: auguste verdier wall clock · Mere information

If you have any questions please feel free to email us at contact@essentialsinside.com

Marika
    www.essentialsinside.com
  • PRO
    Fashion Bird Interiors
    10 år siden
    Just looking at the photo you put up, I think an art wall with a long wood bench underneath. Your heating will remain un-obstructed & you gain even more seating. I would also put a beautiful large plant in the left corner window. If you don't have a green thumb, or a great memory, use a silk plant.
  • zanline42
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thanks. i have been thinking about putting a plant there too!
  • Darzy
    10 år siden
    How about putting a sofa table on the wall behind the sofa so you can add a lamp? Scoot the sectional back to the sofa table. Then, you can hang a nice art piece above the table. Photos of the entire space would be helpful.
  • zanline42
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Sorry there is a counter with stool there. will take more pics when my kids haven't taken over!
  • abbyjean
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    I am pretty sure Darzy meant the wall right behind the sectional.....that we can see and you are wondering about. A console there and then the vent would be ok and then just scoot that sectional right back. Love that idea!!! Think how nice a lamp would be there and THAT would also fill in part of the wall.
  • Darzy
    10 år siden
    Thanks abyjean! That is exactly what I meant. A console on the "blank" wall then the sectional in front of it.
  • silk789
    10 år siden
    Add a really large interesting mirror or clock:
    Rocky Ledge Library · Mere information

Noise Digital Offices · Mere information

Arteriors Home Orion Mirror · Mere information

Or maybe a mirror wall:
    Eclectic Living Room · Mere information

Roz Shuster Design - Boca Residence · Mere information

A wall paper feature wall:
    http://www.houzz.com/wallpapered-feature-wall/p/16

You could also add a mantel above fireplace with maybe a mirror above that and a vase/pictures etc
  • zanline42
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thank you so much. The kitchen and stools are right behind the sectional. here are some pics! please ignore the mess! Thank you so much for your input..
  • Darzy
    10 år siden
    This isn't the style, but see how the console is behind the sofa with two lamps? I think this arrangement would look great against the wall. Plus, you do need more lighting than just the ceiling lights. Then, a nice art piece above, between the two lamps. It will make the room feel more spacious as well. A live palm would be great left of the FP.
    Mid Century Modern Living Room · Mere information
  • zanline42
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Oh! I see what you mean! Im so glad I asked you!!
  • abbyjean
    10 år siden
    If that is the short side of your sectional, you MAY get by with just one lamp.....on the corner side. I rather like that first clock posted and think it is a good look with your room. You would want a lighter colored table maybe, so it would be different than the sectional and not all dark pieces together.....think that is what I like about that clock....a little dark and a little light.
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10 år siden
    Your design team is coming up with great ideas. A clock above the fireplace or a mirror would really spruce it up. One large piece of artwork on the bare wall, sectional wall art or abstract metal would be very dramatic -- something that draws on or creates color in the room. Plant? Definitely! And more photos too! The mirror here is also large (38x38) which would work well over the fireplace.

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
  • Kathleen Jamison
    10 år siden
    What about this mirror from Ballards
  • zanline42
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    That's pretty cool!!
  • PRO
    Ekhaya Designs
    10 år siden
    I love the idea of a gallery wall on the left wall and something circular and sculptural on the fireplace wall. The object over the fireplace doesn't have to be a mirror either, but if the mirror reflects a beautiful view; the mirror is a good way to go.
  • PRO
    D. S. Brennan Photography
    10 år siden
    Looks like your colors are pretty neutral so you could really go with anything. Like Thos. Bakers suggests - big and bold would be good in this space. You could do one very large piece, or 3 side by side. I like the mirrors Kathleen Jamison posted as an alternative to art also. Another option is an art wall that incorporates mirrors and artwork.

I like the idea of adding a plant to give it some three-dimensionality too.

Here's some of my work that I can produce in large format. I'd be happy to help figure out a custom solution, help you visualize some options in your room, etc.

Pink Agate · Mere information

Bissel Cove · Mere information

• PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10 år siden
    Just like D.S. Brennan pointed out, the colors in your living room are neutral, which is why I posted examples of art that are color-bold and modern. But, even though your room can take that look, it doesn't mean that it's necessarily your personal style. If you prefer a more soft and sophisticated color scheme, D.S. Brennan's photo on the right (Bissel Cove) would be stunning on a large scale for the wall in your living room. The darker trees compliment your black sofa and you could tie it all together with the use of throw pillows and a blanket. More ideas to consider....

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.