jmridgeley

Runner or fully carpet?

Julia R
10 år siden
The bottom stairs will be fully carpeted, should I put a runner of the same carpet on the top hardwood stairs or fully carpet them as well?

(13) kommentarer

• PRO
    Lillian's Paintbrush
    10 år siden
    Runner....then you could put a runner in the hall too.
  • Belahn
    10 år siden
    I wouldn't cover the wood completely. I had wooden stairs in a house and had carpet put down in the middle. I guess that is actually a runner. Be bold on your stairs too. I put leopard carpet on mine and it came out beautiful.
  • S Reams
    10 år siden
    As the above comment says, I wouldn't cover them either. I would, however, paint the vertical part of the stairs white.
  • PRO
    Bryce Engstrom: Architect
    10 år siden
    Why carpet any of it?
  • Julia R
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    The hardwood stairs going up are starting to show some wear and the ones going down are not finished. I was looking for an easy transition from the top floor to the basement in my split entry as I don't want to carry the same oak color flooring to the basement. Since this pic I've also painted the stair skirts white.
  • Julia R
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    To the basement
  • PRO
    Cure Design Group
    10 år siden
    RUNNER! The exposed treads are expensive so I say, why cover them up?! You can add a lot of interest with a cool runner that coordinates with the rest of your home, a pattern or texture!
  • amateurdesigner33
    10 år siden
    Please don't cover beautiful hard wood with carpet. I say runner would be perfect
  • Julia R
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Awe! You are all awesome. I actually don't like the oak hardwood that much, I think it looks a bit dated. I wish it were a different colour but my goodness, all these compliments are making me think twice!
  • nasmijati
    10 år siden
    I suggest a runner.
  • Julia R
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    How wide should the runner be? I've read to leave 4" on either side, is that from the spindles or the open edge of the stairs? Also, the runner would be 9 feet long from the top to the very bottom. Any suggestions?
  • PRO
    Julia & Elizabeth
    10 år siden
    I would use a runner. The wood is nice why cover it up?
  • PRO
    Lori Dennis, Inc.
    10 år siden
    A runner would look great and being able to see the edges of the wood stairs is beautiful.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.