jolaportnoy

Floor wood stain

Jola Portnoy
10 år siden
Could you please tell me what is the color of the stain?
Short Hills Residence · Mere information

(7) kommentarer

• Jola Portnoy
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thank you. And what is the wood itself?
  • PRO
    Vanco Construction Inc.
    10 år siden
    The material is 5" Rifted and Quartered Oak.
    Jola Portnoy thanked Vanco Construction Inc.
  • Jola Portnoy
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Do you think I can achieve the same look with Red Oak wood floors?
  • PRO
    Vanco Construction Inc.
    10 år siden
    The material that you are looking at is white oak, rifted and quartered. You may be able to acheive the same look as the floor in the picture, however you may have to give it multiple coats of ebony stain to lose the natural red tint of tint of red oak floors. I suggest you try a sample area if the floors are existing perhaps in a closet. If not have you flooring contractor obtain a pice of red oak and do test samples for your approval.
    Jola Portnoy thanked Vanco Construction Inc.
  • Jola Portnoy
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thank you!
  • Noopur Das
    5 år siden
    Would this look be achieved on white oak? It isn’t rigged or quarter sawn? What does that mean?

Also, builder does one cost of stain and 3 coats of poly, he says white oak won’t get any darker after one coat, any thoughts?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.