alma04's Ideas · Mere information

[houzz=

[houzz=

(29) kommentarer

• jck910
    10 år siden
    Agree with Lara, needs some tweaking. How do you watch the tv? No seating faces it and it is very high
  • PRO
    Warner Decor
    10 år siden
    Hi! Looks like you've done a lovely job! I would add in more color through throw pillows. Here is an option that looks as though it would go with your artwork in the living area:

http://deciture.com/shop/decor/7/tami-pillow/

Hope this helps!
  • PRO
    alma
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thank you for your comments. It's still a work in progress. Thought of changing the cushions with some color. The coffee table looks small because it is glass on top. I have no plan of putting a carpet under the dining table. do you think I should put anything on the side of the tv?
  • PRO
    alma
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thanks Warner Décor. That's a lovely pillow.
  • PRO
    Warner Decor
    10 år siden
    no problem!
  • PRO
    Bayle & Co.
    10 år siden
    We it's a start. You have places all your pieces without connecting them, floating. I would get a new coffee table that would be more in proportion, turn area rug on angle. And yes yes more color!
    alma thanked Bayle & Co.
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    10 år siden
    Good start!!

-larger rug
    -larger coffee table
    -remove the things on the end tables. Replace wit 2 lamps. (You need light!!!)
    -panel drapes on windows
    alma thanked CDR Design, LLC
  • abbyjean
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    May I suggest a lamp on the table in the corner by the love seat? It will add some ambiance and some light right there, too. Lots of your surfaces have decor....which makes it a home, but functional items are good, too.
    alma thanked abbyjean
  • accessaw
    10 år siden
    You need to introduce some color rusts and golds e.g.lampshade and scatter cushions and throws.
    Some colorful dried flowers in the bronze pot on the hearth and maybe a pelmet to take away from the stark look of the doors. You have the potential to make this a warm cozy comfortable room. If those are spots over the tv. I would get rid of them and introduce some led colour changing strips around the tv so you have the option to change the mood of the room at your ease. Hope Im not too critical.
    alma thanked accessaw
  • PRO
    JCPENNEYS Shop At Home Consultant
    10 år siden
    Lovely decor. I would suggest to mimic the rug texture in the accent pillows if you want to stay with this monochromatic scheme. It is important to add texture even varying texture when using one color.
    alma thanked JCPENNEYS Shop At Home Consultant
  • PRO
    alma
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thank you all for your comments. Will definitely give your suggestions a thought.
  • PRO
    Sandy G. ltd.
    10 år siden
    -- Very smart purchases beginning out! Will serve you well for years to come.

It feels unfinished, however, and maybe it is but you need to soften the edges some. A little color and pattern would go a long way to making the space welcoming.

Hang long drapery panels with a very subtle, tone on tone fabric, geometric. Same in LR & DR.

Pull the sofa/love up to the rug, front feet on the rug. Find a larger cocktail table. The one you have now is too small and light weight in scale. A larger one would hold it's own with the big fireplace and leather furniture. The glass top table is just too small. A cocktail that is not part of the side table set would be more interesting and creative.

Add an armless chair by the sofa, angled towards the TV and loveseat or by the loveseat - which ever works out best. This chair would add color, pattern and another useful piece to the seating arrangement.

Pull the carmel color in from the dining room artwork for pillows. The white pillows are stark against the dark leather. This will help the 2 areas relate to each other. A leopard, zebra or cheetah print on the chair or in pillows would also work.
    alma thanked Sandy G. ltd.
  • PRO
    alma
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Very nice suggestions Sandy G.
  • PRO
    alma
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Do you think this cocktail table would work
  • PRO
    Sandy G. ltd.
    10 år siden
    -- Well, this is a table with nice straight lines, and it is traditional/transitional - not contemporary however.

These are cocktail tables that would work better with the side tables you have now. There is a softness in the legs that relate better to your side tables.
  • PRO
    Coates Design Architecture + Interiors
    10 år siden
    The lighting over the fireplace seems quite harsh against the wall. Maybe try directing the light down towards the fireplace rather than at the tv/wall or remove some of the lights from the track.
    alma thanked Coates Design Architecture + Interiors
  • PRO
    Sandy G. ltd.
    10 år siden
    -- Pillows that relate to our art.
  • PRO
    alma
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I think I agree with you all. The room needs more color. The pillows were actually my hubby's choice. Had to compromise and take some of his inputs too. :) But now that you all said it, will get bolder cushions. I'm thinking orange with some geometric prints. And will change the décor on the two side tables. I wanted some lampshades there but it was hubby's idea to get those jars. I think men in general like straight lines and simple décor. We are still on a hunt for drapes. I'm looking for a light material because we have a nice view on our deck overlooking the city and the mountains. What do you think of our dining room? What else should I add there?
  • PRO
    Sue Sampson - Window Treatment Expert
    10 år siden
    Lovely job! Your drapery rods are calling for some great side panels! How about something like this?
    alma thanked Sue Sampson - Window Treatment Expert
  • Kathleen Jamison
    10 år siden
    Nice job. Add Drapes and, occasional chair, patterned pillows and will be much better.
    alma thanked Kathleen Jamison
  • PRO
    alma
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Those are nice prints Home Dec In A Sec
  • PRO
    Sandy G. ltd.
    10 år siden
    -- Draperies, corner to corner. Rug. Something important on the table. Pull plant away from the corner so that none of the branches touch the wall - pretty much. Lower light fixture to about 36" above table and add a dimmer.
  • saratogaswizzlestick
    10 år siden
    I agree with the comments. I do have one more suggestion. Your chandelier seems high, I would lower it.
    alma thanked saratogaswizzlestick
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    10 år siden
    dining room:

-bottom of chandelier s/b 30" from top of table
    -center of art s/b 54-60" from floor. Seems a little high now.
    -try using some of those vases from the end table in the family room for the center of dr table. Not sure, but let's try.
    -what is on the other side of the dining room? A wall? if so, add a mirror to that wall.

living room:

Always think "form follows function": there is no need for vases on an end table. However, there is need for a lamp and a place to set a glass.

-can you turn the end tables the other way, so that they better fit the couches?
    -you mention the awesome view: any chance the couch by the window could be moved out and replaced with 2 chairs on either side of the window. It would be nice to leave the window open.
  • PRO
    citrusquilts
    10 år siden
    Sorry, accidentally hot the send button. Use an oriental rug in the DR. Machine made Orientals are not so expensive. Cover the table area and the chairs, or the chairs will ruin the floors without a rug. Would also get an oriental for the front room. Gives a classic look and never goes out of style. I have machine made polyester orientals and they look absolutely gorgeous.
    alma thanked citrusquilts
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    10 år siden
    I see you like a lot of dark and white furniture combination. You can keep that without adding color is you desire. But, you have to have the right balance. I would not add another dark piece of furniture in the coffee table. Here are a couple of ideas from you idea book that would work: white or a mirrored table.

houzz=
    Northwest Hills Remodel · Mere information
    ]
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    10 år siden
    [houzz=
    Home Nest · Mere information
    ]
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    10 år siden
    Here is how your room could be arranged to take advantage of the view.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.