prya001

Need help with the foyer

prya001
10 år siden
Please help --Any ideas(wall colors, light fixture etc ) to spruce up my entry way in this very mediterranean style house that I will be moving into soon???

(18) kommentarer

• decoenthusiaste
    10 år siden
    This first pic is one of my favorites on Houzz and it looks to be a great match for your layout. Do you have a 'killer' Mediterranean chandelier for this space? What is the ceiling like? Your foyer seems to be a bit larger, so you'll need some massive pieces for it. Do you have a baby grand piano? Here are some other ideas.
    Everett · Mere information
    Debra Campbell Design · Mere information
    Mediterranean Entry · Mere information

Janzel Kelly Interiors · Mere information
    Bayshore Estates Custom Home · Mere information

https://www.houzz.com/photos/104-shore-oaks-mediterranean-entry-austin-phvw-vp~205917
  • prya001
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Oh my-- what fabulous pictures and ideas! Thank you! Yes its a very large foyer and I have no idea on how to decorate this space. I do have a baby grand piano. Any suggestions for a "killer" chandelier that would suit this space?
  • laurakdesigns
    10 år siden
    I agree with the colors decoenthusiast posted and chandelier idea. However, I wouldn't clutter up with "large" pieces. Many times, a large space does need larger pieces, but not in your foyer.

In your foyer, the architecture of the room is so stunning allowing the space to speak for itself will work best. For example, it looks like the previous owners tried to do that with the large piece on the left. It looks ridiculous- distracts from the space and French country- ugh!!. A long console table along that wall would allow guests to walk in and just drink up the space. The color adds presence too- so black or very dark brown will give that piece the presence without size.

Focus on an awesome chandelier, color/ faux wall, rug and table and you're done. Congrats- you have a very cool space to work with!
  • prya001
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thank you! You nailed it -- the french armoire is such a misfit there even though its a huge space and opens onto a beautiful living room.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    Some serious measuring and you may not need anything but the piano, chandelier and a great piece of art here. Acoustics might really be enhanced in this volume of space!
    Elegant Stairs · Mere information
  • PRO
    Warner Decor
    10 år siden
    Hi! I think that you need a little color in your area. I can't see how much room you have on your walls, but here are a few mirrors that I believe would go with your area:

http://deciture.com/shop/decor/7/kelsey-mirror-set-2/
  • PRO
    LuHa
    10 år siden
    instead of the French armoire opt for a an entrance settee or bench in a strong colour (sun yellow, orange, green...). The wall is perfect for displaying art i.e. a big painting or a beautiful fabric. instead of the chest of drawers on the side of the staircase go for a beautiful console perhaps using materials such as iron / or stainless steel and put a big vase for fresh flowers on top of it. to make the left and right windows at the entrance door less pronounced you could paint a broad stripe repeating the shape of the door in the same colour as the door (see attached).
    prya001 thanked LuHa
  • PRO
    Design on the Square
    10 år siden
    Some earth tone colors would be great. Don't be afraid of yellows and terracottas, you don't have to stay with off-white. Also, a large space with hard surfaces will have echos, so maybe a large colorful tapestry along the blank wall would add flair and color while quieting the echos a bit.
    prya001 thanked Design on the Square
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 år siden
    Seeing a lot of comments about the armoire, but I assumed it was the former owner's piece as you indicate you haven't moved in yet. As for color, I think it depends on the adjoining rooms. The foyer should introduce you, a bit of your style and interests and the rooms next door to it.
  • User
    10 år siden
    New York Apartment · Mere information
    Contemporary Entry · Mere information
    Historic Downtown · Mere information
    Dining Room · Mere information
  • User
    10 år siden
    These Houzz photos show examples of large console tables and various ways to use art or mirrors, along with lighting and decorative items. One thing about mirrors! You would want to make sure that the mirror reflects something of interest! :)
  • h2oville
    10 år siden
    You certainly have enough room for a fairly large table in the center with an arrangement on it...something with your house color theme.
  • PRO
    Robert
    10 år siden
    The entryway sets the scene for your home, so when decorating a foyer a lot of thought has to be put into it as you would for any other room in the house. You need to think about style, color and the kind of mood you want to create.Whether you've got a giant entryway with plenty of room to spare, or a door that leads directly into a tiny studio apartment there are a few things your front entryway should have.Every foyer should have some sort of surface where you can toss your keys, the mail, loose change or whatever else you pick up or drop off as you enter and exit your home. A table or chest with storage is always a great idea .A foyer can have a chandelier or overhead fixture which looks great, but it's always nice to also have another light source such as a table lamp.A runner or mat of some sort is welcoming, thanks to it's softness (and color if you choose) and helps define the space.
  • PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    10 år siden
    Hi Prya001 !
    In Galilee lighting we create beautiful modern lighting in any length and size. We advise our customers about the right size of chandelier for their room size and ceiling height.
    to receive our catalog by email contact Sales@GalileeLighting.com.
    We deliver worldwide.
  • PRO
    Veller-Welsh Interiors (VWI)
    10 år siden
    Hi first off I'm not really seeing the Whole foyer that being said the piece that you have in the foyer is dwarfed by the volume you need to set up some balance and symmetry , for instance adding molding to balance the window above the doors and making the Doors much more important by surrounding it with Moulding .
    A lot can be done with paint instead of molding you can emulate molding with painting . Something needs to be done about the front door as well , you want to do cement the front doors to the floor but yet making it important by adding moulding (going a foot below the upper windows ) or paint around and above the doorway . When adding molding you can change the color of the paint inside molding to enhancing the space that adds more drama .
    Also add a area rug that brings your eye in to the foot of the stairs .
    Of course I can't tell if there is a fixture on stair landing or in the foyer adding one would enhance the space. Remember symmetry and balance we don't realize how much we love that but we know it when we see it . I hope this was helpful !!!
  • PRO
    Veller-Welsh Interiors (VWI)
    10 år siden
    See the symmetry.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.