brettlotthomes

What are opinions on shower only in the master bath

Brett Lott Homes
10 år siden
What is your opinion on eliminating the soaker tub and putting in just a larger custom shower? These are for new construction mid-range homes.

(12) kommentarer

• Chris
    10 år siden
    You will eliminate a good chunk of potential buyers by eliminating a tub. If you are talking about 3-4 bedroom homes that are meant for a family, you will have a tough time getting "mom" to give up her sanctuary.

If you are looking to cut costs, I'd look elsewhere. If it's a size thing and you have to choose between the space for a tub or double vanity, ditch the tub.
  • PRO
    Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
    10 år siden
    I'm pulling out master bath tubs and not replacing. Homeowners want them out and a large resort style shower in its place. Save the tub for the alternate kids bathroom. Its my opinion, that a new home buyer will not hesitate buying a home that does not have a tub in the master bath. I think your are asking a valid question and will be making a wise business decision eliminating the master bath tub for a luxurious shower.
  • Carol Johnson
    10 år siden
    I vote for large master style shower & tub in the kids bath.
  • PRO
    Design Elements
    10 år siden
    If you take out the tub, I think you for sure need to add a large spa style shower to make up for no tub.
  • Darzy
    10 år siden
    This has come up quite a bit on Houzz. The majority said that homeowners want a BIG shower rather than small shower and tub. However, ONLY if there was a tub available in another bathroom.
  • Cindy Quinton
    10 år siden
    As a real estate agent who works primarily with buyers, I have lots of buyers who say that are fine with no tub in the master if the shower is spectacular. But there must be a nice bath in the other bathroom.
  • PRO
    Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
    10 år siden
    Cindy, you are spot on with the term "spectacular". If the shower is just mediocre, then forget the whole idea
  • DIAspoton
    10 år siden
    I almost went with the trend in remodeling my bath a few months ago. so glad I didn't.
    went instead with a sort of wet room effect. The 48" x 60" shower is plenty big. The old jetted tub was replaced with a much nicer new tub. this one has it's own heater. We also added a small hot water heater for the master bath. the waterfall tub faucet has a separate shower spray so cleaning is easy. I've gotten spoiled taking long, hot bubble baths so if i were home shopping now, a tub might sway the deal. Hope this helps.
  • kathleen MK
    10 år siden
    I would like to get rid of our tiny separate shower and put one over the tub. Why is that so frowned on? Showering was easier in our old house with a garden tub and shower combo. And curtains are much easier to keep clean than shower doors. I wouldn't buy a house if the master bath did not have a tub. When I do take the time to soak I don't want to do it in the kids' bath with toddler toys or teen grunge.
  • Margo
    10 år siden
    Soaking In the tiny tub in the hall bath would be dreadful!! I love my great big jetted tub in the master bath!
  • PRO
    John James O'Brien | Inspired Living, by design
    10 år siden
    In a three bedroom, three bath residence, the goal was to retain one bath in a guest bath and put in huge showers in the Master and a bedroom with a private bath. Having at least one bath in the home can be wise for resale, but I am finding that were space is limited, the spa shower can impress more than a bath.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.