edubya

Is there a bar in your house?

Emily H
10 år siden
Do you have a bar in your house for entertaining? What is it like? Is it a full sized wet bar or an alternative like a cabinet or cart?

Share your experience! (photos encouraged)

Clay Street · Mere information

(26) kommentarer

• PRO
    Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP
    10 år siden
    Here's a bar for you...
    Emily H thanked Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP
  • User
    10 år siden
    Lovely mirror in the picture on the left!

If I have a few sixes in the fridge or the like, that is about the extent of it. What entertaining I do that involves alcohol isn't that much these years.

I guess I just don't lead that formal of a life anymore where I would have to keep and stock a lot of 'adult beverages' for guests. If there is something on hand it usually is consumed in a 'back deck' sort of situation outside and presented in a cooler, help self. And most of my guests would be within walking distance so having to worry about someone drinking and driving would not be a problem either.
    Emily H thanked User
  • Luciana
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    Not yet, but it's in the plans - I'm not saying anything more, as I don't want to jinx it, or better said, don't want hubby to find out about it until I have enough ammunition to convince him.

I do like my MIL version of a bar: in the dining room, she put a side table with drinks in one corner and a cabinet with glasses in another -- unpretentious, but efficient for having a glass of something with your dinner or after.
    Emily H thanked Luciana
  • sophiah
    10 år siden
    Until I can afford custom-built cabinets on either side of my fireplace, I'm thinking of these cabinets from IKEA. They'll fit perfectly into the alcoves and will have room for the bottles on one side and some glasses in the other. I may paint them to match the painted fireplace and other trim.
    Emily H thanked sophiah
  • printesa
    10 år siden
    Not yet, but we will have a bar in the basement, The plan is to finish the basement this year,,hopefully it happens.
    Emily H thanked printesa
  • PRO
    P. L. Johnson Construction, Inc.
    10 år siden
    Here's a wet bar I built at my house. It's made out of oak plywood and oak hardwood. It seats eight and has a wet bar.
    Emily H thanked P. L. Johnson Construction, Inc.
  • PRO
    10 år siden
    Here's another bar we built for a customer in DC. This bar is made of birch plywood and maple hardwood with a laminated countertop. It seats eight with two different heights for countertop seating.
  • PRO
    10 år siden
    This project was located in upper northwest Washington, DC. The bar seats four.
  • Architectrunnerguy
    10 år siden
    Live edge Matumi. Everybody loves it.
    Emily H thanked Architectrunnerguy
  • kika87
    10 år siden
    Bar
    Emily H thanked kika87
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    10 år siden
    Absolutely. We really enjoy our poolside bar during the summer months for parties or just having lemonade and appetizers with the kids. It's a definite must-have feature! :)
    Emily H thanked Studio M Interior Design
  • PRO
    Scotsman Home Ice
    10 år siden
    Great designs! To get the most out of a wet bar space, we suggest including an ice machine. Several different options based on needs; check it out! http://www.scotsmanhomeice.com/
    Emily H thanked Scotsman Home Ice
  • jilliehj
    10 år siden
    We have a small house so our kitchen/ dining room does double duty. We don't entertain much but it seems to be a magnet for visitors! We have a small kitchen island that doubles as a bar, seating two. It has a small circular second sink in it that we sometimes fill with ice and use as a beer cooler. Also in one end of the island are my custom made wine drawers. Behind the bar on the kitchen side, next to the "big" sink is a wine/ beverage cooler. The other side of the bar is open to the dining room where I have an armoir that contains all my fancy glasses, liquor bottles and other paraphernalia. We love it, and so do our visitors.
  • jilliehj
    10 år siden
    Here are a couple of photos of the space. As you can see our wine drawers are currently empty for some reason - hate when that happens!
  • PRO
    WineRacks
    10 år siden
    We at WineRacks.com have built lots of bars in people's homes. In some cases, we've helped convert an old closet or pantry into a bar. Here's some of the work we've done
  • Roxanne Salas
    10 år siden
    How about this one?
  • Beth Bevington
    10 år siden
    An old cabinet. I painted a lamp with chalk paint, grab a bottle fix a drink!
  • zang777
    10 år siden
    "Deviant Moderninity" as someone on your FB page so rudely called it.. Hell yeah!! I'll drink to that!!! Here is the only part of our house we did not rip out or renovate - although we did add our own accessories :)-
  • Ginger Markey
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    I have a smaller house with dining room, living room and kitchen open concept! I had a perfect corner for a wine cabinet which holds glasses and wine bottles! It does the trick!
  • Karyn Jolink
    10 år siden
    This is our cottage bar we re purposed a 24" plank of barn wood we are still going to trim out the edges with lengths of remaining barn wood so it will look more like a thicker plank of wood
  • fuji400
    10 år siden
    My Ethan Allen hutch purchased on...ahem...EBay ;-). Haven't changed the pulls yet...
  • Roxanne Salas
    9 år siden
    I had an unfinished basement, so I bought, stained, and cut some wood lumber and put them horizontally across the wall. I put up some wallpaper and built some shelves for the liquor. I brought in a metal bakers rack for storage and used an elephant table that was not being used, and I used it as the bar. It's still a work in progress, but I'm happy how it's coming along.
  • PRO
    Adeeni Design Group
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden

I am not a big drinker, but I come from a hotelier family, so it is important to me to offer my guests a variety of drinks. Therefore I always design a bar of some sorts in my clients' homes, and of course I have one in my own home. The latter is a simple tray with vintage crystal decanters on a cabinet that holds the glasses, cocktail napkins etc., which is a nice alternative for someone who does not have a lot of room or does not want a full-size bar.

However, we just completed an amazing large outdoor bar with a covered cabana roof, refrigeration, ice maker, sink, dishwasher and ample storage. The surround is indigo blue tile and the cabinets are blackened steel with brass accents. I cannot wait to share it.

Bar Area in Library · Mere information

• Sally Pascale
    9 år siden

We moved our new kitchen into the former dining room, and then turned the old kitchen into our new family room. It's an old house so there was only a very little actual built-in amount of cabinets. We kept the sink cabinet and installed a new quartz countertop and bar sink, and installed a kegerator where the dishwasher used to be. Painted the cabinets and brought in the glasses, wine racks, and spirits. Seems to work pretty well without spending a lot of money.

• needshave
    9 år siden

We have a full wet bar. The bar was built by my great grandfather, which passed down to his son, all of which had taverns. My father inherited the bar and used it as storage shelf in his non alcohol related business. When I got the bar, it was painted gun metal gray, with a hard Masonite top. I remembered the bar having quite beautiful detail woodwork hidden under many layers of paint. I stripped the paint off the bar only to find that it is solid walnut. The top is one piece of wood measuring 24" in width, 16' long and 1.5" thick. It turned out quite nice with many layers of hand sanded and rubbed polyurethane.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.