chirag_panchal

Before and After: Kitchen Remodel

Chirag P
10 år siden
This kitchen was untouched for more than 20 years, with only some soft remodeling and the replacement of appliances. Finally in 2014 this major project was undertaken. I designed the new kitchen layout to have a much better flow, which included the demolition of a wall adjacent to the dining room to accommodate the addition of a granite island and the removal of an exterior door. Very happy to finally have this project complete leaving us with a more modern and spacious kitchen; something that is important to many Indian households who cook most meals at home.

(57) kommentarer

• houssaon
    10 år siden
    The peninsula makes a great landing spot to load the refrigerator, so it is a toss up if the stove would be better switched to the other side. I bet you love this new space. It looks like you put a lot of thought into it and it looks very good!
  • PRO
    Elizabeth Verne Interiors
    10 år siden
    As long as you have counter space on either side of oven and fridge, oven is right where it should be.
  • Sue Strauch
    10 år siden
    Too dark for my taste, but a definite improvement.
  • Sharron Sinclair
    10 år siden
    love it, but what happened to the door?
  • lovelyv
    10 år siden
    and how did they relocate the air duct vent above the stove?
  • Sallie Cabrera
    10 år siden
    well done! love it!
  • Shea Joy
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    Ooooh, pretty. I hope they get some nice window coverings to go with the beautiful cabinets and counter. I like the angle of the peninsula. What an improvement the lighting is, too.
  • Cynthia Barela
    10 år siden
    like how the backsplash coordinates.What materials were used?
  • PRO
    IN* D* Ex
    10 år siden
    Well done.
  • Carol Yocom
    10 år siden
    I feel like it needs under-cabinet lighting, although it may be there already but not turned on.
  • PRO
    Destin4 Interiors LLC
    10 år siden
    Much better use of space, hopefully removing the door doesn't make bringing in the groceries a big deal. I only wish the ducts would've been reconfigured or hidden in the back of full height cabinets to eliminate the soffit.
  • giftslady
    10 år siden
    love the colors...stove should be under cooktop - not by frig imo - agreed concern on door
  • Tony Bettencourt
    10 år siden
    Boring....... and frankly quite ugly. Just my opinion.
  • Joan Hatch
    10 år siden
    Warm and cosy looking! A nice glass of red wine while your cooking would look great on the counter!. Enjoy your new kitchen.
  • Jaime Stienecker
    10 år siden
    I guess some peoples parents never taught them about courtesy. The new kitchen is much improved over the previous one. I'm sure many great memories will be created in this new space.
  • Charla Haggard
    10 år siden
    Love the cabinets, new flooring, countertops, and lighting. Stainless steel dishwasher would have been nice, but really it is all very nice. Big improvement. Looks like a job well done.
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    10 år siden
    Looks great!
  • Cheryl Lunetta
    10 år siden
    Wow - nice improvement. We are doing same right now.....small minor improvements until we take on the undertaking of new cabinets, backsplash, counters & flooring!!
  • Jane Fowler
    10 år siden
    Super!
  • Leslie Benfield
    10 år siden
    Great job! Hope to do something similar someday.
  • babzie933
    10 år siden
    Beautiful! You must love being in there now!
  • PRO
    Brenda Rishea, Decorating Consultant
    10 år siden
    Excellent job! What did you use for flooring? Is it a laminate?
  • sherihoho
    10 år siden
    Where did the door go?
  • Cheryl Duguay
    10 år siden
    great transformation......what a beautiful addition to your home, HAPPY COOKING :-)
  • equicat
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    The after is beautiful but I have reservations about the refrigerator being right next to the oven. Is that not a problem?
  • tberry48
    10 år siden
    I liked the white, but it doesn't make sense to have the oven right beside the entry door. And I like the hardwoods better too. Still, I'm partial to the white.
  • Leigh Ann Hughbanks Koksal
    10 år siden
    Too dark, like the white better!
  • lorica
    10 år siden
    Very nice! Love what you did with the soffit.
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    10 år siden
    It looks wonderful! Using a lighter flooring and counters, contrasts nicely with the dark wood cabinets.
  • maryannfournier
    10 år siden
    Here's another $75K kitchen renovation on which the owners, in today's market, will see $48K additional to the value of their house. You have to do a kitchen because you want it and understand you will not get your full costs back in return. If the lights aren't on, I think this space would be dark.
  • ltrochford
    10 år siden
    My I ask about where cabinets came from? Very nice!!!
  • PRO
    WineRacks
    10 år siden
    Looks great!
  • Pamela Langone
    10 år siden
    Looks fantastic
  • Kris Nemitz
    10 år siden
    How did you eliminate a door - do you move the door or do you have another way in, and where was that door leading to, the garage - just wondering how inconvenient it is to take the door out.
  • Susan
    10 år siden
    Why all the haters...it is a more functional, beautiful makeover, to the owner's taste. It's not my taste either, but it is very well done. As one person said, it is a great transformation!
  • capecod1960
    10 år siden
    Nice job. Would add some lights under the cabinets.
  • PRO
    Tufenkian Artisan Carpets
    10 år siden
    What an amazing transformation of the space!
  • PRO
    Oasis Tile
    10 år siden
    Looks beautiful, love the backsplash.
  • Chirag P
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    To everyone asking about the door-- it was removed and replaced with a picture window. We wanted to keep the sunlight coming in from the east. The door exited outside in front of the garage.
  • Chirag P
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    @lovelyv - that air duct was closed since there is another one located directly above the sink. That same air duct line continues to rooms upstairs.
  • Chirag P
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    @CynthiaBarela - backsplash is made of individual natural stone tiles that came in different shades (not sure exactly of the name). We then asked our contractor to do that pattern
  • Chirag P
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    @Destin4 Interiors LLC - removing the door wasn't a big deal. We barely used it because a few years ago we built a door that creates access from the house into the garage. Unfortunately ducts could not be moved.
  • Chirag P
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    @CharlaHaggard - thank you! We will definitely be looking to replace the dishwasher to stainless steel in the near future. Pretty easy to switch.
  • Chirag P
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    @BrendaRisheaDecoratingConsultant - yes it's laminate wood flooring purchased from Costco
  • Chirag P
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    @lorica - thank you! With the old ducting in the house, there was no way to get rid of the soffit without major costs involved. We decided to have it covered with the same cabinet color to make it look like it's one continuous cabinet.
  • Chirag P
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    @maryannfournier - to be honest the cost of renovation was no where near $75K; even less than one-third of that. We definitely had a budget in mind and wanted to make it look as nice as possible without going too above and beyond.
  • Chirag P
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    @ltrochford after much hesitation we actually picked Ikea cabinets. Definitely was not a fan of their service from start to finish but we are happy with the product.
  • Chirag P
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    @KrisNemitz - we rarely used that door to begin with because it's location was inconvenient. Another door was created a few years on the same wall which has access to the garage instead of in front of the garage.
  • Rick Medeiros
    10 år siden
    Fantastic transformation!
  • PRO
    KD Painting
    10 år siden
    New kitchen looks awesome. Great job!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.