kerri_k

What colour should we paint the aluminum siding?

Kay K
10 år siden
sidst ændret:10 år siden
Looking for colour ideas for the siding. Garage, front door, and window frames will remain white. I was thinking in the grey family, but wondering if it would clash with the driveway colour. All ideas welcome! Has anyone DYI'ed this type of paint job? Thank you!

(10) kommentarer

• cabingirl13
    10 år siden
    I have never heard of anyone painting vinyl siding before.....
  • Kay K
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    My mistake, it is aluminum.
  • hayleydaniels
    10 år siden
    Before you buy paint or anything, make sure it's something you can paint. People generally just wash it, and it's fine.

I would paint the garage door to match the house so it looks finished.
    Kay K thanked hayleydaniels
  • Denita
    10 år siden
    I agree with Hayley about painting the garage door to recede by painting it the base color of the house rather than leaving it white. The white garage door does look 'unfinished' to me.
    Kay K thanked Denita
  • cabingirl13
    10 år siden
    I would not attempt to paint the siding DIY- hire a professional. I agree about the garage door too.
    Kay K thanked cabingirl13
  • nancyann0277a
    10 år siden
    My sister and I painted her aluminum siding, two story house. Turned out beattiful. That was at least five years ago. My home, in Florida, I painted the vinyl siding and we love it. The sun is hot so on vinyl you must not put on dark colors and make sure where the joints are, they are not painted over too heavily so that the siding can expand and contract. Everything can be painted. Aluminum, is easier to paint.
    Kay K thanked nancyann0277a
  • PRO
    The Four Walls
    10 år siden
    Hi!
    In regards to the painting of the outside of the house I would paint the body a light grey also. I do agree with you however the trim I would do in a deeper grey tonality and the front door in a semi gloss black and the garage door as well, do not be afraid it will look stunning! The white is too crisp for the grey. And by the way the drive way color really has no bearing on the house color in my professional opinion. Another color way is a light taupe or mushroom color with a deeper trim and the same suggestion black for the doors. If you are really afraid of the black use chocolate brown for the door and garage door. Good luck !
    Robin Abber of The Four Walls Newton, Mass.
    Kay K thanked The Four Walls
  • Kay K
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

So sorry- I had never received the notifications of the reply way back when. Truly appreciate your thorough & insightful response- even almost 3 yrs later. So kind of you!

• luminajd
    7 år siden

Did you ever paint it? I'm considering painting our aluminum siding.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.