maryann_salas

Need help with this area

Maryann Salas
10 år siden
Please need help decorating this side of my house its a second living room but it runs in with the dining room how do i separate looks ?

(13) kommentarer

• Gretchen Maurer
    10 år siden
    how about a reading room? I assume the tv is elsewhere? it helps to have a purpose for the room to be the motivating force behind decorating choices. do you want a non tv watching space people could gather? figure out how you want to use it then decorate. is this your front door area?
    Maryann Salas thanked Gretchen Maurer
  • Maryann Salas
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Hi yes it is the main entrance.
  • Maryann Salas
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    But it also is attached is the dinning room and i want to separate both of them.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    10 år siden
    ok, do you use the fan in that room? can we take out the wooden spindles on the pony wall? is it possible to remove beams on pass through cut outs? take the far arm chair and put it under the window wall. and add two chairs to the opposite side . this will shorten the room and define the spaces for you. i would put an area rug under the dining table and change out the light. also lower the picture a bit.
    Maryann Salas thanked flair lighting
  • Clay Aragon
    10 år siden
    The most impactful and cost-effective way to define your spaces is by changing the flooring in your dining room to hardwood.right where the entry from your kitchen, transition the carpet to hardwood. If you don't need the fan, I would suggest changing your light fixture to a hanging chandelier. It may seem counterintuitive but I would suggest an oversized chandelier 16"-26" in diameter to add substance to your dining room ie drum shade or orb.
    Here's an example of a floor transition http://houzz.com/photos/322071
  • abbyjean
    10 år siden
    I think moving the chairs to act as a divider is a great idea.
  • PRO
    Picture Perfect Interiors
    10 år siden
    Can you float a sofa in the room and use a sofa table behind it to create a divide? You can then create a conversation area by moving the chairs to face the sofa. If the room is to narrow to use end tables by the sofa add lighting to the sofa table. This will be both functional and add height to divide the areas.
  • Tania S
    10 år siden
    Hello there ! I thought about colored curtains on the windows between the entrance and the kitchen put in a funny way (one up one down one in the middle you know) and in the place of the desk in the end you could just put a nice bookcase then replace the small coffe table with a nice moder red couch and a small black table next to it! I honestly find it gorgeous like that ! Hope this helped!
  • Tania S
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    How about this? Sorry I'm not really good at drawing :p just understand the idea! Tried my best! Haha!
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 år siden
    I like Tania's colorful shades and would love to see them inside the openings between the two rooms. A 4-chair grouping around a coffee table or hassock would make for a nice lounge area. You could add long bookcase or low credenza under the openings. The dining area needs a chandy and I like Clay's idea of a change in flooring, but I'd take it throughout the space. Then you could anchor the dining area and the chair grouping on two area rugs.
    Living Room Dining Room with modern / traditional styling · Mere information
    Suburban Bliss · Mere information
    Watergate South - Private Residence · Mere information
    great room · Mere information
  • Lainie D'Eon
    10 år siden
    Could take the bottom part of that wall ( directly under the spindles) out. Then the front entry way would appear more spacious. Add a long accent table against the hall wall with a lamp & accessories to give the halllway some life.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.