hfc43028

how to paint ceiling beams?

hfc43028
10 år siden
Has anyone ever painted sides of ceiling beams same color as wall while leaving bottom of beam same white as ceiling? Trying to figure out how to paint beamed ceiling that has no crown moulding in a pre-war nyc living room with lots of natural light.

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Eric E Flanders, AIA - Doyle Coffin Architecture
    10 år siden
    Why not paint the beams (all 3 sides) their own color. Glossy Black would really pop.
  • hanna1984
    10 år siden
    It sounds like you are trying to make the beams "disappear" into the ceiling. If they are structural and are unpainted, leave them that way. You will want to clean them really well at the very least. If they are already painted, paint them the color of the ceiling. If they are not structural, think about removing them so you can add crown moulding. :)
  • hfc43028
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I always see them painted white like ceiling in these apartments. I can't believe I can't find photos on Houzz of beams painted same color as walls, or even their own color. They are structural in that coop will not let us alter them. We don't want to cover them b/c we like ceiling height. Seems so boring to paint them same as ceiling, but that appears to be what EVERYONE does. Can anyone point me to photo where beams are painted same color as walls or even their own color?
  • Sue Geddes
    10 år siden
    Here is just a few of many I found on house.
  • Sue Geddes
    10 år siden
    Type in painted ceiling beams and many photos will come up.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.