denicekatija

Love, love, love the floors - can you tell me where I can purchase?

denicekatija
10 år siden
Brazilian Walnut · Mere information

(7) kommentarer

• Aaron Novy
    9 år siden
    Ralph's, I am looking to purchase unfinished Brazilian Walnut hardwoods and have the process you described above done in my new home. Could you help me w/ a contractor in Houston? In your experience w/ Ipe, do you find that the wood is unstable or is this internet myth? Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • PRO
    Ralph's Hardwood Floors
    9 år siden
    Hi. If you are looking for a contractor in the Houston area, I would check the National Wood Flooring Association website. I found two members in your area. http://www.nwfa.org/cp-about.aspx

As for the stability of Brazilian Walnut, it isn't a wood we have had a lot of trouble with. A really good installer should be able to judge the moisture conditions and install them appropriately. If you are concerned about the stability, consider looking at an engineered product that can be finished on site.

Good luck with your new home!
  • Aaron Novy
    9 år siden
    Just curious, the floors you installed in this picture were solid and not engineered?
  • PRO
    Ralph's Hardwood Floors
    9 år siden
    These are solid. I believe these were 3" wide. If you are concerned about wood movement and you decide not to do engineered, keeping the planks on the narrower side can also help.
  • Aaron Novy
    9 år siden
    Thanks! The pro's know best!
  • psmar
    9 år siden
    Ralph's installed our hardwood flooring, oak with their swedish finish about 15 years ago and we still love it. A quality product.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.