hzdeleted_14250674

Do water animals end up in these types of pools?

User
10 år siden
These types of pools are beautiful and extremely inviting. However, as inviting as they appear to humans, there may be an invitation too many going out. How are frogs, snakes, turtles and the like kept from making these pools their new homes?
Sincerely.
Kathi from VA
Natural Swimming Pool by the Forest · Mere information

(10) kommentarer

• User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Forgive my delayed response Genus Loci Ecological Landscapes Inc., I do appreciate your taking the time to respond to my question regarding "water wildlife" and the attraction to the living ponds you create. I think I forgot my manners originally (please excuse me if 8 did so), I should have included that I think you do beautiful work. While there may be companies down here that do the same type of work yours does. If I were interested in something like a living pond that was more for a feature then a useable pool, how would I go about finding a company like yours. In other words what would be the keywords for a search? Thank you in advance for you kindness and assistance. I do appreciate it very much.
  • PRO
    Genus Loci Ecological Landscapes Inc.
    9 år siden
    I would simply do a search using keywords such as "garden ponds virginia", select images, and click on the photos you like - hopefully, these will link you to companies that do such installations. Also, you could do a search for Aquascape certified contractors for your area. Aquascape is a major player in the manufacture of garden pond equipment, and they have many certified contractors across the US. Good luck with this!
    Jean-Marc
    User thanked Genus Loci Ecological Landscapes Inc.
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Thank you for you prompt response to my question. I very much your getting back to me so quickly. I will see what I can find following your suggestions.
    Regards,
    Kathi
  • PRO
    Spring Creek Aquatic Concepts
    9 år siden
    If you eliminate the shallow water zones from these ponds, you will experience fewer frogs and snakes. They just don't find open water attractive. Your designer will need to know how to work around this constraint.
    User thanked Spring Creek Aquatic Concepts
  • Trevor Smith
    9 år siden
    I think that these open pools are really nice. What kind of maintenance would this require? Do you have to put in normal chlorine like in a regular pool, or is there anything special that you have to do? I think that my kids would have so much fun with one of these. http://www.cygnetpools.com.au/On-Site%20Servicing.htm
  • PRO
    9 år siden

Hollie, for every fence there is, or will be, a hole. My preference would be not to rely on something that will eventually fail. In our pond designs we use a few fish to help the designs keep the frogs etc at bay. The fish also add a kinetic beauty to the pond. Don't worry, the fish are shy and will stay far away from you while you swim. If a client enjoys frogs, we can add a bit of shallow as their sanctuary from the fish.

Trevor, I cannot speak for everyone who tries to design natural pools, but with our designs you need no additives or cleaning. You will need to attend a few weeds if you choose a floral meadow shoreline such as seen here: http://tiny.cc/ponds

• PRO
    9 år siden

Hollie, did you avoid saying "swim with the fishes"? ;)

I agree, fish really bring water to life.

• PRO
    Wellington Gardens LTD
    8 år siden

Great blending of pool and pond, a seamless transition

• furrytoes
    7 år siden

Beautiful! If someone were to say 'Build a Garden of Eden,' this pool would surely be in it.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.