edubya

Describe your kitchen in one word.

Emily H
9 år siden
If you only had one word to do it, how would you describe your kitchen in it's current state? (You can come back later and post again if it changes - please do!)

Tell us! (Photos encouraged)

Victorian Family Home in Great Barrington · Mere information

(253) kommentarer

• rosiegabby
    9 år siden
    Dark.
  • tiamay
    9 år siden
    Perfect!
  • jsann
    9 år siden
    Transitioning
  • Darzy
    9 år siden
    Galley. "functional"
  • User
    9 år siden
    Maritime.
  • daintydee
    9 år siden
    Small.
  • User
    9 år siden
    gutted!
  • cabingirl13
    9 år siden
    Dated.......I need a kitchen redo so bad!
  • Gina P
    9 år siden
    beautiful!
  • PRO
    Design With Distinction, LLC
    9 år siden
    Comfortable
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    9 år siden
    Functional.
  • PRO
    Hal Braswell Consulting
    9 år siden
    Closer.
  • Farida Schoenheide
    8 år siden

outdated

• User
    8 år siden

Cluttered retro (original). And I do have a few fridge magnets!

• Mary TheMom
    8 år siden

Transitioning.

I'm DIY staining the honey oak cabinets to dark walnut and repainting the multi-layered walls to a plain beige. Someday when we have money, I'll put in white quartz counter tops and a new back splash.

My inspiration:

Re-staining the honey oak. Only 30 more cabinets to go after I finish this batch.

Where we started:

Wish me luck!

• PRO
    Woodwell Construction Corp
    8 år siden
    compact
  • km kane
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

A year a half later and still incorrect English. Killing me Becky. Please fix it!!!!

• BirdofWood
    8 år siden
    Very functional, I'm the cook who wants all appliances within a three step walk triangle. Want a kitchen that won't encourage guests to "park on the working zone"
  • PRO
    Hal Braswell Consulting
    8 år siden
    Super efficient. 85" of prep space between fridge and pantry, across from range in galley kitchen. Double pantry (68" wide) with 10 ROTs within two steps of range and prep area. Four 30" wide drawer bases within two steps of range. 178" of counter across from prep space. Dishes and utensils stored adjacent to DW and close to dining area, Keurig on counter underneath upper cabinet where coffee mugs are kept. Enough counter space to keep Kitchen Aid mixer out all the time. Plenty of room to pass between countertop and fully opened 30 CF French door fridge. All inside 250 SF kitchen. A few more finishing touches are needed but the kitchen has been together long enough to see the layout works as well in practice as it looked on paper.
  • teamaltese
    8 år siden
    Clean
  • teamaltese
    8 år siden
    Yep. Clean!
  • Fariba Hosseini
    8 år siden

• mydogmiddy
    8 år siden
    Outdated
  • Beth Correll
    8 år siden
    Transitional.
  • edithsmom
    8 år siden
    Fariba, mine too...1974.
  • Rosemary Santner
    8 år siden

Fun!

• tw123456
    8 år siden

Not enough cabinet space!

• tw123456
    8 år siden

Can't upload pics!!

• Tems
    8 år siden

rental

• ausbengal
    8 år siden

boring

• tw123456
    8 år siden

Before we purchased the house. we replaced the crazy "designer" island counter which matched the rest of the "designer" kitchen; also, a couple of the appliances, the ugly wood floors.
    I would like to totally redo this kitchen, but, I don't know if I want to spend the money on it.

• Etta McFadden
    7 år siden

Nightmare

• Hello Kitty
    7 år siden
    Compact
  • greenwoodframed
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden
  • shushe123
    7 år siden

greenwoodframed....your counter is beautiful. Would you mind sharing specifics?

thanks in advance

• nmp19
    7 år siden
    Original 1937.
  • Judy wear
    7 år siden
    Elevating
  • Betty Leong
    7 år siden

functional

• godsownever
    6 år siden

organized

• Kathi Steele
    6 år siden

AHHHHHHH!!!

• Judy
    6 år siden

Well, looking at this thread proves how different people's tastes are. There are kitchens here the owners love and I don't and vice versa.

I have written above that my one word was "disappointed" That is an understatement, I used to have a very small kitchen that I had redone and was thrilled with the result.

Then I moved into this house. There was a huge, but really badly designed kitchen with very cheap appliances to boot. There was enough room to dance, but not to cook, hardly any bench space, or cupboard space, for that matter.

So, I decided to spend money (I really couldn't afford) and re-do the kitchen. I have been on Houzz for years, been saving bits in the ideabooks, knew exactly what I wanted, but had trouble deciding on the best layout. Got some quotes and was getting more and more confused by the minute, as everyone had opposing ideas. So, decided to spend some more money and get a designer in

Bad idea! Turned out she wasn't listening to anything I said (I am not good at understanding drawings) and (having spent a fortune) I HATE my new kitchen. Even the cabinetmaker was shaking his head at some of her designs. He did question some things while he was measuring up and I did bring those up with her, but she just fobbed me off, that the cabinet maker didn't know what he was talking about. (turned out, I should have listened to HIM)

Sure, I do now have better appliances, (although the space she made for the fridge didn't allow me to buy the size of fridge I planned to, even though I told her the measurements) more cupboard space, but they are mostly the wrong configuration (for instance, I have an "appliance cupboard" that is in a position that it is impossible to access, if I want to use one of the appliances in it, I HAVE to remove it and put it on the counter elsewhere, so it was a waste of space and money as my reason for wanting one was that I could use my appliances in situ) I also still don't have a lot more counter space than I had in the old kitchen.

I suspect the designer has her ears burning, I do swear at her nearly every day! If I was to win lotto, I would go back to the drawing board and start again, but there is no way I can afford to do that!

• Kathi Steele
    6 år siden

Judy, I am so sorry. That is horrible. For a room that is used multiple times per day, it should make you say....AHHHHH. I hope you can someday find a way to get the kitchen of your dreams. So, I DO hope you win the lottery, so you can redesign your kitchen!!!

• Lorraine Marttinen
    6 år siden
    Efficient
  • Lorraine Marttinen
    6 år siden
    Small
  • PRO
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    6 år siden

bright

• FlwrGal
    6 år siden
    Love
  • PRO
  • hollybar
    6 år siden

Delicious....because cookies are always in it.

• PRO
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.