karen_sanchez2879230

I noticed there is a differance in the door hights and styles

Karen Sanchez
9 år siden
can you pls tell me if this gives the illustion of a taller celing ? what would you call this door style
Old world elegance meets today's today's contemporary space requirements · Mere information

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    Marlene Wangenheim AKBD, CAPS, Allied Member ASID
    9 år siden
    Hi there, going up to the ceiling with cabinetry and a wide crown molding makes the ceiling look taller. The change in cabinetry heights on that back wall was intentionally done because of the countertop. A white quartz countertop does not "seam" well. There would have been a seam in the dead center of that center cabinet which was a focal point to this kitchen design. I simply raised the height of the middle cabinet so that it would have its own countertop and no seams. The only seam in the countertop in this entire kitchen is at the sink. Thats well planned design work!
  • Karen Sanchez
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    planning is everything .. but talent helps too .. and you have that .. thanks for your help !
  • PRO
    Key Designs
    9 år siden
    I am doing a kitchen remodel and have picked taj mahl quartzite as my countertop material. I have a 11' 6" by 4' island with a farm house sink . we were planning on running a seam from side of sink across island? after reading your comments about white quartzite not seaming well I concerned about my choice. I am having the countertops installed with a honed finish and was wondering if that would make the seam less visible. Thank you so much for your help with this question. You are truly talented , your work is beautiful.
  • PRO
    Marlene Wangenheim AKBD, CAPS, Allied Member ASID
    9 år siden
    Thank you so much maryclemens for the nice comment. My comment about seaming a white countertop is not overstated. Be careful. That white seam, over time, collects dirt and will stain. Honing will not be helpful. Please try to make the seams as little as possible. Is there a portion of the island that you can raise or lower so that you can avoid a larger seam?
    When the fabricator comes to template the island, perhaps you can go to the fabricators location and have him lay the template on the part of the slab that you feel will cover the most area without having a seam. Other than that, white will not seam nicely and will become increasingly noticeable over time. I wish you lots of luck in your countertop. mw
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.