kimberlyschwinn

Need to replace cooktop

KSN Design
9 år siden
Because of the ease of cleaning, I would love an induction cooktop but I do not have enough electrical power. Besides glass tops, what is the easiest gas cooktop of keep clean?

(8) kommentarer

• apple_pie_order
    9 år siden
    Stainless steel is pretty easy. Black does not show spots. Glass is easiest.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    There only not many choices in terms of types of cooking elements.
  • PRO
    KSN Design
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    I am looking at gas with cast iron grates or maybe induction.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    9 år siden
    If there is any way you can move to induction, it is so much easier to use...
  • apple_pie_order
    9 år siden
    Sometimes you can add a circuit for an electric range. Often, the cost is not worth it to the homeowner. Your choice.

Any new range is going to be a lot easier to keep clean than an old one in bad condition. The other features you want are important, too. The http://www.ajmadison.com website is great for sorting out what is available quickly. I have not bought anything from them.
  • PRO
    KSN Design
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    We are thinking of downsizing sometime in the near future. For resale should I stay with gas?
  • PRO
    Sargent Appliance
    9 år siden
    While it is true that induction units are easier to keep clean than standard electric if you don't have the added power necessary then I would suggest one of the coated stainless cooktops such as the KitchenAid 30" model KFGU706VSS or the 36" KFGU766VSS. I try to discourage people from buying uncoated stainless cooktops as those units will yellow slightly around the burners and acids (such as tomato sauce) will etch stainless steel.

As always I suggest consulting your local appliance experts. Seek out the local mom and pop shop in your area. In addition to keeping your money local these folks are generally a wealth of information.

I hope this helps!
  • njschaefer78
    9 år siden
    If you do look at induction, be sure to check the required clearance underneath the unit as it may require modifications to whatever cabinetry is directly underneath.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.