jeannierowe

buying new home and the trim color is bothering me.

Jeannie Rowe
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

I would prefer to have a neutral gray on the walls with some possible navy on the island which I would like redone along with the replacing the cabinet doors. I feel like the trim paint is striping the room. Is it worth it to h

ave the entire house painted before moving in? Or is it not as bad as it looks? Help!

(15) kommentarer

• sofikbr
    6 år siden

I believe it would be nice to paint it white.

Jeannie Rowe thanked sofikbr
  • PRO
    Weber Interior Design
    6 år siden

The way the trim is painted draws attention to it, and that is something that should just blend in. I would definitely paint out the trim and since you have painters in there, make whatever other changes you have in mind.

Jeannie Rowe thanked Weber Interior Design
  • Jeannie Rowe
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

my thougts too. It draws to much attention to the top and bottom and cuts the space. I will have to hire painters to go in after we close. Changing lights ad hardware too. Good thing we love the location!

• acm
    6 år siden

It's striking, but that means you have to love it. I'd paint it to match the walls, in fact, to help the room(s) feel higher.

Jeannie Rowe thanked acm
  • kjoy1
    6 år siden

I like it. Very unique.

Jeannie Rowe thanked kjoy1
  • User
    6 år siden

If you don't like it now, you won't like it ever. Change it to what you want before you move in, otherwise it will be a pain to do later on!

Jeannie Rowe thanked User
  • User
    6 år siden

i think its chic.

once you put up artwork and get your furniture in there, it will minimize the extremeness of it.

if you look in architectural digest and other high-end interior design magazines, black or charcoal trim is often shown.

• User
    6 år siden

literally an article from May 1 2017 that looks just like your trim: http://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/contrast-molding-paint-trend 

• User
    6 år siden

• lefty47
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

HI -- I have never seen the need to have rooms all out lined with a different color unless the house is an historic colonial . Your new house has modern features in light fixtures and hardware and glass so I don't like the trims in a modern house . See if the builder can re-paint all the trim to a white or the same color as the walls --- which ever you like . A lot of new houses also have too much trim everywhere too.

Jeannie Rowe thanked lefty47
  • hbfn
    6 år siden

I'm sick of seeing gray everywhere BUT I like this, this is a unique addition of gray in a home, I think it's really chic.

Jeannie Rowe thanked hbfn
  • User
    6 år siden

if the trim was white and the walls gray, with that dark floor it would be so much darker in there.

• bradley_amber
    6 år siden
    I think it looks nice but I am a big fan of other trim colors besides white. You may be able to change only the crown and get a less broken up look if it bothers you. Lots of professionally designed houses have it like that.
    Jeannie Rowe thanked bradley_amber
  • flopsycat1
    6 år siden

Totally a matter of taste. If you don't like it, paint it. So much easier to do before furniture is in place.

Jeannie Rowe thanked flopsycat1
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.