nickyla

Which kitchen design would you choose?

Nicole A
5 år siden
sidst ændret:5 år siden

Hi Houzzers,

Our renovation/extension plans are finalised at last, and work should start in about 6 weeks. Some of you may remember I posted a kitchen design dilemma in February. With everyone's input (especially from the fabulous oklouise and Siriuskey), I got a much clearer idea of what I wanted, and ended up adding almost a metre to the extension to make the kitchen more functional.

I thought it might be wise to seek one more round of input, as now the dimensions are finalised I have fiddled a bit with the kitchen design (that tape measure of mine has not been put out of commission yet!).

Here are 2 options:
Option 1: This option takes advantage of the full width of the kitchen (at 5.7m) and has an island of over 3m. All the tall units (pantry, fridge, wall oven) are grouped together, then the cooktop benchtop continues around the corner (so plenty of room for appliances), with a view out the window to the front of the house. It will have a very open, spacious feel, and is sure to have a bit of wow factor.

Here is a kitchen that is very similar in design and dimensions (except our sink will be in the island, as our side bench isn't long enough).

Mona Vale Kitchen. Design and installation. · Mere information

Mona Vale Kitchen. Design and installation. · Mere information

Option 2: Has the benefit of a walk-in pantry, but the kitchen width is reduced to 4.3m (compared to 5.7m) and the island bench is 2.3m (compared to 3m). The walk-in pantry does not have a door, and I haven't added a wall between the fridge and the pantry benchtop to define the pantry space, so it is more like a continuation of the kitchen on that side. The real 'pantry action' is on the front walls of the pantry which will have open shelving, as it won't be visible from outside the pantry. There will be benchtop all the way around for appliances.

Here is a kitchen layout similar to option 2, but it is probably about a metre wider than we have - you'll need to use your imaginations to close in that left wall until adjacent to the wall oven pictured, and shorten the island by about 700mm (I've added some dotted lines to help). Also, in this picture there is a wall between the fridge and pantry benchtop, which ours won't have:

So which one would you choose?

Check out the designs drawn in the context of the floorplan to see the impact on the dining/living areas (and how it affects furniture placement and circulation in the living room).

I guess it comes down to spaciousness vs walk-in pantry ...

kitchen design 1.jpg
kitchen design 2.jpg

(62) kommentarer

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.