This gorgeous wide plank antique Oak is our most requested floor! With dramatic widths ranging from 6 to 12 inches (14 inches in some cases), you can easily bring an old-world charm into your home. This product comes to you completely pre-finished and ready to install.
We start by hand sanding the surface, beveling the edges ever so slightly, and being careful to preserve the historical integrity of the planks. Typically, about 80% of your flooring will be "Smooth" with the remaining 20% having a slight texture from the original saw kerfs. This material will also have nail holes, knots, and checks which only adds to the unique character.
Next, we apply Waterlox, a tung oil based sealant with or without stain added. Finally, 3 coats of Vermont Polywhey finish are added with a hand buffing between coats. The result is a luxurious satiny finish that you can only get from Historic Flooring!
Photos by Steven Dolinsky